• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
MaryPowers

I recommend single rooms

Rate this topic

I don't think that I'm an antisocial person. Last year, I had an experience in Vancouver. I shared a room with a student. Even though the rooms are comfortable and spacious, it was very difficult for me to stay with her for a week. She doesn't even take care of her belongings. She uses to throw the wastes in the room. I should have to clean the room. If anyone planning to share the room, I think it is better to share a room with your friends or colleagues. This time I booked a suite hotel room in Vancouver. People share the rooms since the rooms are quite big, spacious and less cost. But we don't have a privacy if we share a room. A single room might not be spacious, but we will get some space alone. If someone is planning for a shared room, I recommend single rooms.

Hi Mary...Welcome to Cruise Crazies.  Years back when I was a young widow...30 years old, I was considering sharing a room with a stranger.  I did travel with my parents, and their friends, but thought I may be able to get a larger and nicer room with sharing, and also meet someone new.  I did change my mind since I had heard from others that it didn't always go so well, and some smoked back in those days...I did not.  I got a single, and it was inside and very small, about the size of a large closet...LOL  It was really all I needed though since I was young and spent most of my time out having fun, disco, etc.  I thought I would be claustrophobic in there, but after a couple of days it was just fine, and I had my privacy.  It is surely something to think about if someone is thinking of sharing a room with a stranger.  Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I have cruised with family and close friends.  When they can't go, I go by myself.  Sometimes you argue and disagree with family and friends, imagine with strangers.  No way. I always book an inside or an ocean view depending on the price. When I cruise with my mom, she must have a balcony.