• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Ships

Rate this topic

JSinapijr

Norwegian Bliss

Hello All,

I'm Joe, and I am the Founder and CEO of Cruise Ship Crayz (cruiseshipcrayz.com) I been working closely with Jason to bring some fantastic content to the incredible cruise crazies community! One topic that I know we all want to know more about is all the new cruise ships coming out! 2018 has already been a crazy year for new ships! Debuting in 2018 we have already had Symphony of the Seas, Norwegian Bliss, and Carnival Horizon each of the ships are the largest in their fleets. With all these new ships coming out and more on the way what are the questions and comments on these ships? 

carnival-horizon_orig.jpg

1521913453_SY-Aerial-St-Nazaire (3).jpg

Wonderful to have all these new ships coming out.  It must mean that the cruising industry is doing very well.  The larger ships will be so great for many, but just wondering if cruise lines are considering going back to making a few smaller ships.  Not small, small, but smaller than the giants that are coming out.

I do know that Royal is building the Quatum Ultra class ships which will be a tad larger than their current Quantum class but a significant amount smaller than the Oasis class. Carnival is keeping their ships on the smaller side as is NCL. Even though we have these 200,000 + ton ships coming out from alot of cruise lines they will continue to build small as well! 

Hey @JSinapijr, it's great to see you beginning to post.  Thanks for these great pictures.  In terms of complete innovation that hasn't been done before ... I've been most impressed so far with the Magic Carpet restaurant aboard the Celebrity Edge ... which was just talked about in the post I'm linking to below.  What's your favorite new ship innovation?

@Jason I have to say the entire Celebrity Edge concept is my favorite thing about the new ships coming out. I like how Celebrity decided to go above and beyond with this ship class. They are taking all innovations that are propelling the entire industry into the future and putting them on a moderately sized ship. This allows celebrity to show that ships can be innovative and still be small enough to go to the most sought after  destinations ! I do like how Celebrity made the industry know why it's been nearly 10 years since they have debuted a ship , because they were designing one of the most technological advanced ships of our time ! 

Hi to a fellow Rhody and for bringing content to our new and improved CruiseCrazies site!

I find the older I get, the smaller the ship I prefer - the Coral Princess I just stepped off was perfect.? However, the amazing new ships really do have a lot to offer, especially to extended families and friends cruising together, and the Celebrity Edge is definitely innovative and creative, and I hope to find myself on her in the not too distant future!

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of New Cruise Ships I will be representing Cruise Ship Crayz TM at the Carnival Horizon naming ceremony next week in New York City !! One of my major goals has been achieved! Not to worry I will be live at this event all day!