• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Shari2

DAILY DOCK FOR MAY, 2018

Rate this topic

May 1st, 2018

Hi Cruise Crazies...well, we are finally over all the snow and cold...I hope...LOL  Might have some thunderstorms tonight or tomorrow...amazing that just a couple of weeks ago we had a major blizzard, and now are having summer like weather.  Hoping to see green grass and flowers soon.  Hope this will be a wonderful month for all!

Edited by Shari2

Good morning,

We had a wonderful time at the beach.  The weather was perfect with a few showers thrown in.  We visited a couple of lighthouses and did some shopping.  Hope to go again but this time it will be with our motorhome.

Take care all and welcome to May!!

6 hours ago, cruisingcats said:

Good morning,

We had a wonderful time at the beach.  The weather was perfect with a few showers thrown in.  We visited a couple of lighthouses and did some shopping.  Hope to go again but this time it will be with our motorhome.

Take care all and welcome to May!!

Falina, it certainly sounds like retirement agrees with you! 🙂

15 hours ago, Shari2 said:

May 1st, 2018

Hi Cruise Crazies...well, we are finally over all the snow and cold...I hope...LOL  Might have some thunderstorms tonight or tomorrow...amazing that just a couple of weeks ago we had a major blizzard, and now are having summer like weather.  Hoping to see green grass and flowers soon.  Hope this will be a wonderful month for all!

Same here, Shari - spring flowers are out and the days are getting warmer. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that the trend continues!

Whoops...forgot to put the Tuesday, into the May 1st.  

Falina...so great that you had a nice getaway, and by the ocean.  You will love your new motorhome...my first husband and I bought one only 11 days before he died.  The motorhome was really nice.  We had planned to travel to CA, and all around the country.  I sold it after he died...I took it up to the lake once, but decided to sell it after he was gone.  It was easy to drive, but I needed a few lessons on backing it up.  LOL  Did pretty good on backing up my hard sided camping trailer, my step-dad gave me a few lessons...LOL  Would love to see a picture when you get it.

Jan...yes...definitely keeping fingers crossed for some nice green grass and flowers.  Of course, I have to see other's flowers since I can't bend to do all that work.  I am always amazed at how beautiful some of the flowers others put in are.

Happy May, cruise pals. 🙂  I can't believe some of you are still dealing with cold and snow!! 😲 It's already so warm here. Too warm!! Stupid blazing never-ending summer is just around the corner... UGH. But for now, at least, we have been having some stellar days, with gorgeous blue skies over the palm trees. I've been so jealous of the people sailing away from here lately because it has just been so beautiful! I do love, though, when I'm walking out of work just in time to see one of the cruise ships go past as it leaves. 🙂 

My excitement for the week (or rather, couple of weeks) is that I finally joined the instant pot craze. I thought it was just a hyped-up fad, but that thing is seriously a game-changer!! Especially for busy working stiffs like us who have precious little time and/or energy to deal with dinner. I've even been baking in it -- Made the best cheesecake I've ever put in my face. I 💓 that pressure cooker! 🙂  Does anyone else here cook with one?

Back to work for me... Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

-gina-

Hi gina...we are finally having some nice spring weather.  So nice that you are having some nice weather before the hot summer comes...I'm not fond of the hot, sticky summer either, but just love spring and fall.  Parts of summer here are really nice, July seems to be our hottest and the most humid.  It must be fun to watch the cruise ships sailing out of there...I would also want to be on one.  Instant pot....I don't have any of the new ones, but do use a pressure cooker for different things.  I often use it when I want to cut my cooking time in half or more...use the pressure cooker for pot roast, corned beef, and many other things.  I like the crock pot, too, but usually don't get up early enough to use that...LOL  I'm a night owl.  The pressure cooker and crock pot are the best for when you are working, for sure.  The crock pot you can just come home to supper all made, and the pressure cooker makes thing so fast...your cheesecake sounds so good...love cheesecake. Speaking of food, I just made a huge pot of hamburger and vegetable soup so have to go and feed my hubby.  Have a great evening!

Edited by Shari2

Happy Wednesday, Crazies!  Thanks for starting us off in the month of May, Shari!  Back in the Routine of picking Lucas up and doing whatever his little ol' heart desires for an hour and a half, lol!  Weather is getting so nice, though, I think I'll suggest we spend some time at the parks.  Today, though, the humidity built all day and is now resulting in some pretty good storms.  These are supposed to be with us through Thursday.   But otherwise I am loving the 70s and low 80s!

Falina - Welcome back and so glad you enjoyed your time at the ocean!

Jan - Lots of cruise ideas are swirling in my head...I'll try to pin a few choices down to post in your group.

Shari - Glad you are getting the nice weather now, too. 

Gina - Glad you are loving your Instant Pot.  Sure wish they had come out with that when I still worked - I might have actually still cooked, lol!

Sliding into the end of another week - hope everyone is doing well!

Andi...so nice that you are getting to spend some time with Lucas.  You are very welcome on the dating the "Dock."  I actually just forgot to put Wednesday up there, so thank you.  So much on my mind lately.  I would so love to take a nice cruise just for relaxation and peace.  So nice that your weather is getting nice and warm there...not good about the storms...they may be the ones that passed through here.  They didn't effect us, since they went through the southeastern part of the state.

Jan...I will stop over to the group cruise area, but since I am not sure that I will be able to cruise I will just watch and see what everyone comes up with.  I do think that more people may be able to come if it's just a week's cruise, and not a real expensive one...one like the Southern Caribbean on a nice ship.  Most of you all have probably been to the S. Carib., though...I have been to the Western and Eastern but not much of the Southern.