• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First topic!

Jason

1 hour ago, Jan115 said:

Includes Lisbon, too!! Love that one. Not sure about Andi - she's on the Celebrity Edge in February - right, Andi?

Andi will probably love it so much that she wants to go again ?. Right Andi?

We are on the Edge in February, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't sail her again, lol!  I do love this itinerary - price is a bit steep...but that is to be expected for a new ship....  I think we would consider this one - 2019 is our 45th anniversary so could justify a nice cruise like that, ha!

I just read somewhere that Princess is going to Antarctica (Coral Princess for instance) at the end of 2019 beginning of 2020. I think that will be a great group cruise for 2020! Who's with me?

11 hours ago, Miranda said:

I just read somewhere that Princess is going to Antarctica (Coral Princess for instance) at the end of 2019 beginning of 2020. I think that will be a great group cruise for 2020! Who's with me?

Miranda - you are right - this cruise leaves on January 5, 2020, from Santiago, Chile; it is 16 days, goes down to the Antarctic Peninsula and back up to Buenos Aires, Argentina.  I think it cruises in the Antarctic, not thinking that it lands...but still....  And yes, it is on the Coral Princess - my new favorite ship!   I would be SO in on this one!

If we like the idea of Antarctica, we also might look at Celebrity's offerings; they have a 14-night roundtrip Buenos Aires that looks like it hits a bit more of Antarctica.....a little better price point as well with two departure dates on the Eclipse. 

I'll throw out a few more to consider:  If we liked the Koningsdam, there are some nice 12-night itineraries in the Med -concentrating on Spain or Greece/Adriatic at good price points:  for example:  a 12-night, roundtrip Rome that overnights in Barcelona, departing on 6/12 (or in Aug.)  There are others as well.  The lower cost might encourage more people to join.

A 12-night Greek Isles cruise on the Celebrity Infinity, departing 5/29 or on the Reflection departing on 9/30 or a 9-night Dalmation Coast & Italy departing on 5/31 on the Celebrity Constellation...   These are some of the older ships, but again, might encourage more people with the lower cost...       Just throwing out ideas....

Celebrity is also good, but for me it's more expensive than Princess. But maybe when we book through Jan, it will be different. 

I don't really want to sail the Koningsdam anymore. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, but it's not as vibrant as the others. 

2 hours ago, Miranda said:

Celebrity is also good, but for me it's more expensive than Princess. But maybe when we book through Jan, it will be different. 

I don't really want to sail the Koningsdam anymore. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, but it's not as vibrant as the others. 

Well I can't argue with you there - Holland is definitely more sedate, lol! 

Since we’re talking cruise lines, which lines would you absolutely not want to sail on our Crazies cruise? So far, we’ve considered HAL, Princess, and Celebrity. I’m pretty confident that no one is interested in Carnival, but what are your thoughts on Royal Caribbean and NCL? Miranda, what did you think of NCL on your one cruise with them? 

Also, I think to attract more Crazies, we should consider limiting a cruise to 12 days, as not everyone here is retired, has the job flexibility or the budget for a longer cruise.

• Jan115 locked this topic