• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First topic!

Jason

You are right - I won't do Carnival and would not be fond of Costa or MSC, but certainly will do Royal Caribbean and am willing to try NCL; in addition, of course, to Princess and Celebrity.   We can eliminate Holland since Miranda isn't too keen on that one.  And agreed - up to 12 days is probably  a good idea!

I won't do Carnival, Costa and MSC either. And after 2015 I won't do P&O anymore. Princess and Celebrity without a doubt and my experience on the Norwegian Spirit was also good. Royal Carribbean a little less, but not a definite no. I guess that depends on itinerary, ship (no Navigator) and price I guess. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, time to get serious!  I am looking at Europe, late May to early June, which works well for David's schedule, and I don't really want to leave the poor guy behind. These are 7-day cruises, which I think might attract more people, especially if they want to spend a few days before or after the cruise exploring their own land options.

Here is an Italy/Greece, 7-day cruise on Emerald Princess, Athens to Barcelona, June 1st. Has 2 sea days for some down time.

Here is a 7-night Greek Isle with 2 sea days, as well, Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas, round-trip from Rome.

How about 7-night Sapphire Princess, round trip from Southhampton, Spain and France, May 25th.

Or Greece & Croatia, 7-night Rhapsody of the Seas, June 1st

Lastly, there is the Celebrity Edge Rome to Barcelona, 7 nights, Mediterranean, June 15th, which is pretty much the same itinerary I just did, but would definitely do it again, especially since it's an exciting new ship. However, the price is pretty steep.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Jan115

Jan - thanks for researching these - here is the order of my preferences with #1 being the most preferred:

1.  Greece & Croatia - Rhapsody

2.  Italy/Greece - Emerald

3.  Sapphire, roundtrip Southampton

4.  Greek Isles - Jewel

5.  Med - Edge

We would definitely go in on 1, 2, or 3; #4 is a possibility; #5 for us would probably be out since we have basically done that itinerary.

This is definitely getting exciting to think about - so let's hear more feedback!

Edited by AndiD

LOL- great minds think alike. ? I printed it up the options this morning so David could look them over, and he called me, reciting them off in the same order as you did. ?

Have not sailed Rhapsody and haven’t been to most of the ports either. So, that would be my first choice, as well!

16 minutes ago, Jan115 said:

LOL- great minds think alike. ? I printed it up the options this morning so David could look them over, and he called me, reciting them off in the same order as you did. ?

Have not sailed Rhapsody and haven’t been to most of the ports either. So, that would be my first choice, as well!

LOVE it!  Great minds think alike, ha!  We have not sailed Rhapsody either; ended our Med cruise in Venice and would love more time there.  Kotor, Montenegro is absolutely beautiful, especially sailing into it - like going through a Norwegian fjord...and have even looked into hotels on Santorini, we love it that much!  Have never been to Dubrovnik or Katakolon!

Santorini is the only one on this itinerary we have done - it was incredibly beautiful, wasn’t it! I’d look forward to getting to Venice, finally, and I hear Dubrovnik is beautiful. The approach to Kotor sounds amazing. I’m very excited ... is anyone else? 

Let’s hear it, everyone - what do you think of Greece & Croatia, 7-night Rhapsody of the Seas, June 1st?

Jan, thanks for this research. I'm afraid my list is slightly different. Of course I would like to sail the Edge, but price wise in combination with the itinerary and duration it's not really tempting. My first choice would be Sapphire, round trip Southampton and second Rhapsody, both because of the itinerary. The other options not so much. I'm a spoiled brat, cause I've been there a couple of times. 

Thanks for all the work put into the research Jan but we're going to have to bow out of this cruise for a few reasons.  First we have done this itinerary (except for Kotor) numerous times (you will absolutely love Dubrovnik.... stunning), secondly we do not like to vacation in the summer, especially to countries where there is little or no air conditioning, thirdly we avoid flying during summer school vacation time, don't like the high fares, and then the main reason is that we will be doing a safari to South Africa at the end of summer 2019, which will be just a couple of months after this cruise - and that means saving $$$$$$'s.  Very sorry but it is a fabulous itinerary and we loved the sister ship the Legend of the Seas.

9 hours ago, Miranda said:

Jan, thanks for this research. I'm afraid my list is slightly different. Of course I would like to sail the Edge, but price wise in combination with the itinerary and duration it's not really tempting. My first choice would be Sapphire, round trip Southampton and second Rhapsody, both because of the itinerary. The other options not so much. I'm a spoiled brat, cause I've been there a couple of times. 

We would not be opposed to this pick - we sailed on the Sapphire to the Mexican Riviera and it is a beautiful ship!  And we have not been to any of the ports on this itinerary...  

• Jan115 locked this topic