• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Transatlantics: Your take on these lengthy cruises.

Rate this topic

zebra

I was wondering how many others on this board love Transatlantics as much as we do, and why. We love the value for money on these wonderful long cruises. Also the fact that we really feel like we have had a vacation!!!  How about you??

We don't know yet if we love transatlantics because we are just now considering our first one for Fall 2019....it seems like we would love them:  we love lots of sea days and longer cruises!  Wondering about the weather during the crossings, though...If we took a transatlantic back to Ft. Lauderdale in the fall, is the weather generally warm enough for the pool deck?  And what about the weather for the ships going over in the spring?   

Andi, Just like back home, some years spring or fall is warmer and sometimes not. Ships in the Radiance class all have a covered Solarium which is also a very popular hangout.  Also on all the sea days they have a really busy activity calendar so trust me you won't be bored.  The other wonderful thing about Transatlantics, because you can't get off the ship for at least 7 days before 1st port of call you get to know others and make some wonderful, lasting friendships.  We've just done this last TA with a couple that we met on a previous TA and have become close friends ...... we even took them to South Africa with us.  Give it a try, I guarantee you'll be hooked ..........

Trust me - being bored is not a worry....unless I run out of books!   The relationship aspect I had not thought of, but it makes sense.  We will no doubt give it a try!

On 5/13/2018 at 7:25 PM, AndiD said:

We don't know yet if we love transatlantics because we are just now considering our first one for Fall 2019....it seems like we would love them:  we love lots of sea days and longer cruises!  Wondering about the weather during the crossings, though...If we took a transatlantic back to Ft. Lauderdale in the fall, is the weather generally warm enough for the pool deck?  And what about the weather for the ships going over in the spring?   

Transatlantic Cruise, is the Tops!! More Sea Days, and that means more relaxation and being pamper longer. Yes, we have done many Transatlantic Crossing, We also been on the Queen Mary twice, and that was a Great Experience, ,   A MUST DO ON YOUR BUCKET LIST...

• 3 weeks later...

I love the TA cruise - I have only been on one cruise and it was a TA ... I love the sea days - so relaxing compared to port days. I booked another cruise for fall 2019 and it is a TA also...

Yes I agree with you all, and not only the relaxation of the sea days but because one is  together with fellow cruisers for a great deal of time, one strikes up fantastic friendships, most of which are lasting.  Transatlantics are addictive!!!!