• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Cruise Line announces longest voyage ever

Rate this topic

Jason

Carnival Cruise Line is going long in 2019. 

The Miami-based cruise giant says it will offer a 24-day sailing from Long Beach, Calif.,  to Singapore — its longest single departure ever. Kicking off Oct. 5, 2019, the trans-Pacific voyage on the 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor will include calls in Guam, Vietnam and Malaysia — all firsts for a Carnival sailing from North America.

The trip also will feature extended port calls at Maui and Honolulu, Hawaii. Among other highlights will be a westward passing of the International Date Line, resulting in the date being turned back by a day. 

Splendor will arrive in Singapore on Oct. 30, 2019.

Carnival plans at least two other long voyages in 2019: a 13-day Panama Canal sailing and a 14-day trip to Hawaii. The Panama Canal sailing will begin in Tampa and end in Long Beach. The Hawaii voyage will be round-trip out of Long Beach. 

Specializing in fun-focused sailings to the Caribbean and The Bahamas, Carnival is best known for shorter trips lasting three days to a week. 

By Gene Sloan, USA Today
Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more
For more cruise news and articles go to https://www.cruisecrazies.com

View full article

Wow!  This is a first, I think!  It may be really good for those who have wanted to sail on longer cruises but the price was too high.  Would have to look into this and compare prices with other lines, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Singapore is a hot cruise market. Several ships per week in the season have a port call here or start/end a cruise here. Genting Corporation, Royal and Princess all have ships based here for part of the year.  The market seems to be very strong. They have two cruise ship terminals, Harbor Front and Marina Bay. 

I have used both of them, both nice but Marina Bay is the larger of the two.  Harbor Front has a mall in front of it and it also the ferry port. The MRT has a stop directly at Harbor Front, Marina Bay the MRT is a few hundred meters away. 

Really look forward to seeing Carnival here in Singapore.

Zebra, Singapore is a great city.   I live in the Philippines but visit Singapore several times a year. It is full of wonderful things to do, the food, the sites, the events, all make this a must see city.  Even without a Cruise Ship stop, it is a wonderful place, very clean and safe, no problems with languages as English is widespread.

My last trip to Singapore was last weekend, and I am back the end of the month before a cruise for a few days. Even after many trips I cannot do everything I would like to do around Singapore.  

Welcome to CruiseCrazies ExpatCruise!  Have been very interested in Singapore.  Especially since my daughter almost went there for her job.  It would have been for quite a few years, so have to say that I'm really glad she decided not to go.  Just a mom here.  LOL  Singapore is a very interesting city.

Edited by Shari2