• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Miranda

The Daily Dock for June 2018

Rate this topic

SATURDAY, JUNE 2ND

Welcome to June my Crazy friends,

Fortunately the weather got a little bit back to norma and it cooled off yesterday and today. So I had a good night's sleep. It will warm up as of tomorrow, but not as bad as last week. And my TV is back on track as well. So all's well  😉. How about over there? Hope you're all doing fine and floodings are over and the weather is bearable.

Jan, when is your Epic cruise? You'll do just fine and will show up with your luggage and embarkation will be smooth, I'm sure.

Jackie, South Africa, cool. That's good to know, means we can speak Dutch and none of the Crazies will understand 🤣. We'll have to be aware of Ray though, cause he speaks or at least understands a lot of languages 😀. Do you also do the written language? Zo ja, dan wens ik je een heel fijn weekend!

Well it's gym time again. So have to get ready. Gonna have dinner with a good friend and colleague tonight, who's also a real Cruiser. We have to catch up, cause he's been to Hawaii last March.

Wishing you all a great weekend and all the best,

Miranda

Hey Miranda, yes I can understand what you said ...... and in Afrikaans ..... So ja, dan wens ek jou 'n heel fyn naweek (weekend)!!!!  Haha .....

I have been really busy painting and decorating our guest room, getting ready for our daughters' visit in September. It's a lot of fun but exhausting at the same time because it entails searching for the "right" items ..... so lots of local shopping plus online shopping.

We are smack bang into grilling season here in Florida and our grill has been dying a slow death, so we picked out another one at Lowe's (and more plants, of course), brought it home and now have this ginormous box in the garage.  I think Tony is going to assemble it tomorrow ..... maybe!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Hi Everyone...had a really nice day today...the really hot weather has cooled off for awhile.  Had a little rain, but that is nice for the grass and all.

Miranda...thank you so much for starting the "Dock" for June. I totally forgot since it was the holiday weekend here.  I usually make a note for myself, but forgot to do that...LOL  #oldladynow#forgetful#LOL  So glad your weather has improved and the TV is good, and all is well.  Hope you have a nice dinner with your friend.

Jackie...what a great thing to look forward to...your daughter coming to stay...and then a cruise.  You will need the cruise to relax and visit, and rest from all that work.  Sounds like you're going all out getting the room ready...sounds like it will be so beautiful.  Hope you aren't overdoing it.  You need to be in good shape to visit with your daughter, and for the cruise.  We are going to be needing a new grill soon, also.  Hope all goes well with the assemble.  Hope that Yvonne is doing well? 

Hi to all CruiseCrazies...have a great weekend!

Edited by Shari2

7 hours ago, zebra said:

Hey Miranda, yes I can understand what you said ...... and in Afrikaans ..... So ja, dan wens ek jou 'n heel fyn naweek (weekend)!!!!  Haha .....

I have been really busy painting and decorating our guest room, getting ready for our daughters' visit in September. It's a lot of fun but exhausting at the same time because it entails searching for the "right" items ..... so lots of local shopping plus online shopping.

We are smack bang into grilling season here in Florida and our grill has been dying a slow death, so we picked out another one at Lowe's (and more plants, of course), brought it home and now have this ginormous box in the garage.  I think Tony is going to assemble it tomorrow ..... maybe!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Dank je wel Jackie. Veel plezier met je dochter en natuurlijk een super cruise gewenst. Sterkte met het klussen, niet forceren. 😁😁

Greetings from the Epic! I’ve got a live-from-the-Epic thread up over on the Let’s Talk Cruise board, so feel free to follow along. Love Barcelona, and hoping to see more of it when we return on Sunday. My opinion hasn’t changed much about the ship, but David likes it, as I knew he would. Oddball cabin design isn’t so bad when you share it with someone you’re intimately acquainted with.😁👍 Still think the pools are absurdly small for the # of people on board, but most of the kids are drawn to the water slides, anyway, so no annoying big kids in the pool (unless you count my husband 😆🤣! Food is good so far, and no real complaints.

Tomorrow we’re in Naples. 

Hope everybody is well!

Monday, June 4th

Hi Everyone...had a great weekend...hope it was great for you also!  This looks like a nice weather week...hope so.

Jan...thanks for stopping in.  I will be going up to the Let's Talk Cruise board to check out your "live from the Epic."  Loving your two ports in Spain and Italy...especially Italy...I dream of going there some day. Glad all is well, except that the "Epic" is not your favorite ship. Going up to see your post.  Safe sails, and have fun!

Hi to all Cruise Crazies...have a great week!

Edited by Shari2

Here's something to have with your morning coffee Crazies!

Miranda, especially for you this morning!!  Oh how we loved these little poffertjes in Amsterdam.  They were delicious.

IMG_8644.jpg

Andi,

To answer your question from the May DD, we will be sailing to the PC aboard the Carnival Fantasy Sept 17, 2018. It's a 10 day journey cruise. 

Tuesday, June 5th

Hi Everyone...not much happening today...was a beautiful day and made it out to the grocery store...my big day...yea!  LOL

Jackie...the little pancakes look yummy.  

Miranda...hope you had a nice dinner with your friend.

Keith and Rita...hope you have a wonderful PC cruise...we did that  one on Celebrity a few years back....still looking for the CD that hubby made of it all.