• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

hi Friends!

Rate this topic

Hi everyone

I did my very first cruise in April - had so much fun.... immediately got the cruise bug so already booked my next cruise... and wish it wasn't so far off.... am sure it will be fun on this board sharing cruise stories, tips, and such...

Welcome, NancyF!  I see that you are already posting on some of the other boards here - am so happy that you are "traveling" the site.  When is your next cruise and what is it - tell us, please?!  (Or if you have already told us on another board, I apologize - haven't checked everywhere yet, lol!)  One great place to post upcoming cruises is the Roll Calls & Group Cruises board - we love to see what everyone is doing and you might just find another Crazies member who will be sailing with you. 

Andi -- my next cruise is in November 2019 ... it is a 16 day TA from Barcelona to San Juan on Norwegian Epic.... we will fly from here (Florida) to Barcelona a few days early so we can explore Barcelona before the cruise... I really wish the last port was Port Canaveral so I could avoid a plane ride home - it limits what I can carry ? 

Hey Nancy, I know exactly what you're saying about the bug biting you.  i was bitten after my first cruise and the rest is history.  Never been on a bad cruise, just some have been better then others.  We have tried many of the cruise lines but not NCL yet. Looking forward to chatting with you on the boards.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:36 PM, NancyF said:

Andi -- my next cruise is in November 2019 ... it is a 16 day TA from Barcelona to San Juan on Norwegian Epic.... we will fly from here (Florida) to Barcelona a few days early so we can explore Barcelona before the cruise... I really wish the last port was Port Canaveral so I could avoid a plane ride home - it limits what I can carry ? 

NancyF - This cruise sounds great; we have been looking at the transatlantics - I think Jackie has convinced us that we need to do one, lol!  And I do love Barcelona - we started a Med cruise there in 2015 and wished that we had gone in earlier than we did (we went one day ahead.)  Since we live in Illinois we always have to fly to meet up with a cruise, but I know what you mean about the weight and limits, it's a bummer.

Edited by AndiD

Ha - yes!  normally I don't have quite this many in the pipeline, but I usually do make sure that as I am coming off of one cruise I have another to look forward to.... We booked the Celebrity Edge over a year ago when bookings first opened up because I am excited about checking out this new concept ship.  Bu then we decided we coudn't wait until February for another cruise, so we booked a basic one for November...and then my daughter said that they wanted to cruise with us in the Spring, so here came the March one, ha ha!  We are looking forward to settling into our mode of fewer but longer cruises after this stretch is over, lol!

On 6/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, NancyF said:

Nancy, a belated Welcome to CruiseCrazies. You will love it here!

I just returned from Norwegian Epic, and since you have a cruise on the Epic coming up, you might want to read my review of the ship and the ports. If you have any questions about the ship or about Barcelona, fire away!

Here is the review: