• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Thanks for the Welcome Aboard!

Rate this topic

I know what you mean about a repo. My husband works in education (even though he’s officially retired), and my job limits my vacation time, so we haven’t been able to do a repo yet simply because they cruise when we can’t. For now, I’ll have to live vicariously through everyone else’s.?

Hi Jan, know what you mean about the non-retirement status.  We're a few years away from that ourselves, but the question for us is:  Do we travel more extensively now when the income stream is better, or wait until we retire when we're living off SS and our savings?  Downside to present travel is getting time off approved (I get 5 weeks vacation, and the Boss works part time, she basically gives them notice of when she won't be there).  Downside to waiting for retirement is primarily, maybe we won't make it that far!  I guess try to enjoy what you can and be thankful for what you have, where you are, and enjoy the moment for what it is.  We've done one repo (Fla to Spain on Nor. Epic, and LOVED it!) and look forward to doing more, maybe even what she refers to as the "floating nursing home", aka HAL.

Happy Cruising!

Haha ... my husband’s favorite movie line about cruising on HAL or on ANY river boat is “I see dead people”.? We’re in the same boat (pun intended!). Now that our income has been cut dramatically, we have to be more mindful of the cruise we choose, but I would also rather enjoy cruising now while I’m still reasonably fit enough, rather than be wheeled aboard later.?