New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rate this topic

Let's discuss packing for a cruise. How many people are using plastic bags to help in this endeavor?

I might use a dry cleaning bag for any “formal night” wear, but other than that, I am a roller. I don’t use any bags, cubes or anything else. I just roll the clothes.

Edited by Jan115

Reneej1059...I just use plastic bags, the ziplock kind, for many different things, like, undies, and socks, and for dirty clothes, shoes, small sandwich bags for treats, etc.  Don't use the packing bags or cubes, but have thought about trying them. Do you have any suggestions?  And welcome to CruiseCrazies!  

Jan...I should try the rolling too.

Edited by Shari2

Hi Renee, welcome to Cruise Crazies!  Great topic:  I do use the vacuum bags, but only on the return...we use them to compress all the dirty clothes - we sure don't care if they get wrinkled on the return, lol!  We also do use packing cubes for underwear, swimwear, etc.  We usually take two and I mix hubby's and mine into both cubes and put one in each suitcase.  I figure if one of our bags gets lost we will at least have some clean underwear.    Yes - we usually end up with two suitcases on each cruise (size does depend on length of cruise.)  I am not a light packer, I do admit.   What about you?