• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Shari2

DAILY DOCK FOR JULY, 2018

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone...amazing that it is July already.  It's actually only 10:30 PM, on June 30th, but I thought I would start it up or probably forget it after watching movies with Marc...LOL  Have a wonderful weekend!  Off to watch another movie!  LOL

Fellow Cruisecrazies Friends

It has been July now for 14 hours, already out for brunch here in Singapore and yes it was raining... Welcome to rainy season in Singapore. Tried a new place for Brunch The Rain Tree cafe in Hotel Miramar, had a by one get one free deal, nice food we enjoyed it. Got our morning shopping done so can relax for a while here.  

Will have a light dinner later today. Like all trips always not prefect but will make it work. Hope everyone has a great end to your weekend. Really hate using a small laptop vs my office computer, makes everything take longer and harder to do. To think if I do not have a 30" monitor i'm not happy, vs growing up I though a 19" TV was hugh, things have really changed. 

Todd

Edited by ExpatCruise

Welcome to July fellow Crazies,

Well we really have a dry spell around here and it's hot, wow. And there's no end in sight yet. Bright side, I can cycle to work. It's great to cycle in the morning. Afternoons not so much, but hey then I'm going home right?

Jackie, so glad to hear Yvonne is doing so well and so is Tony. 

Todd have a great trip and Princess is a great cruise line, so you can take the chance to book the other one too. I'll be sailing Sapphire this August. I can't wait. Hope you get to watch F1, enjoy.

Andi, I'm not sure about the Sky Princess cruise to be honest. Sorry.

Hope everyone is doing fine and enjoying the weekend. Are you Ray, or still working? Hopefully the heat isn't affecting you guys too much. Keep cool people! 

Miranda

Hi everyone!

Another hot day with thunderstorms here in Tampa ...... good ole summer weather.

Our one daughter Tania lives in Melbourne Florida. They live on acreage which is set back from the road down a long driveway.  At the road on either side of their driveway they have neighbors on one side and a pre-school on the other side..... both these are a ways from their house.  Anyhow, the neighbor called Tania and asked if her husband Greg could come over quick because they have a huge snake in their yard and it is making it's way across the driveway towards the playground on the pre-school. Greg rushed over and was able to kill the ENORMOUS Diamondback rattler. God forbid that it got into the playground equipment in the school playground!!! Here is a photo of the decapitated snake, bear in mind our son-in-law is 6 foot 3 ins!!  It had 20 rattles on the tail.

NCM_2111.JPG

Hi Everyone...had a lot of rain overnight into the morning, but at least is wasn't any dangerous storms.  Just having a relaxing day today.  We have one more coming for our, small and easy BBQ, on Independence Day. And maybe one more. I used to make my, old fashioned potato salad, and Calico beans, and a lot more home made things, but we are just going to have fun this year and make it simple.  After years of celebrating most of the holidays with lots of family and friends, and then not having much time to even talk with family and friends since we have been so busy cooking, baking, and getting the house ready that we thought we would just have fun this time, and time to visit with company.  One good thing about getting older...LOL  A simple 4th of July tablecloth and napkins, and easy to do food...and can't forget...my one great Mai Tai...love it.  LOL   Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday on Wednesday. My Jeannie, my once a month helper with the house, isn't coming for a couple of weeks, so I had better get busy on a little cleaning up...LOL Just a little...LOL

Todd...sorry about being in the rainy season there.  Nice to get the buy one, get one free deal there, for lunch.  You don't see that often when vacationing.  Hope you and your wife had an interesting time shopping.  You are right that not all vacations are perfect, but they can be great if we make them that way.  Know what  you mean about the laptop.  MY husband got me one a couple of years ago and it just wasn't for me.  Hard to get used to.  Love my computer at home here with the big screen.  Others do love the laptop and find it to be of great use.  Have fun! Have a nice dinner tonight.

Miranda...hope it cools off there for you.

Jackie...Wow!  That snake is huge!  Your son-in-law is the bravest.  He risked his life to keep the snake from going into the playground.  I won't ask how he did it...Oh my Gosh...thank heavens he is ok!  He deserves a nice dinner out, or a medal for bravery.

Hi to ALL CruiseCrazies...have a great day!

It is a good Monday here in Singapore no rain today, yet but only 3:30 here now.  Had a nice dinner last night but kind of strange have fine dining quality food at fast food pricing.  But that what you get at Hawker Chan, very nice soy chicken with rice or noodles SG$15.00 for two people. Spent the day shopping in Chinatown Reynaline has 20 kgs of gifts for family and friends. Traveling really makes the holidays easy just go to the stock of stuff in the closet and wrap. 

Was a good F1 race last night. Not happy they Lewis DNF, and his team mate also failed. Really hope nothing is wrong with the new engine package. Still think Lewis will win the season and Mercedes will also be top team. 

Miranda  Yes Princess offers a good product I'm sure it will be a good cruise. As will your upcoming cruise with them.

Zebra  Yes that is a big Rattlesnake one bite and it will cause lots of damage In a child I think it would sadly kill them.  Florida has a big problem now with snakes, yes rattlesnakes but from what i here the python are out of control in the everglades.  Have seen some very large and cobras here in Asia, was in Camborda and saw python that was close to 20 feet long and maybe 28 or 30" around its belly.  I have stood next to full grown tigers at the temple in Thailand, and just saw a oversized kitty in my eyes.. But this big snake scared me, saw it and quickly left.

Shari  Hope you have a great July 4th with a nice meal off the grill.  If I was to pick 10 things I miss about Boston, July 4th on the boat and watching the Boston Fireworks from the Charles River is one of them.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Todd

Morning Crazies!  Sounds like all the Crazies are dealing with this unbearable heat. Today I plan on doing nothing!!  Yesterday we did yard work and were both wringing wet and exhausted, today staying indoors sounds more appealing to me.

Todd - sounds like Reynaline has the ultimate answer for holiday shopping .... what better than your own closet.  I'm sure she got many great bargains in Chinatown..... I would love that type of a shopping day.  I must say using the words "fine dining" and "noodles" in the same sentence sounds hilarious to me, but the food costs sure look very budget like.  Yes we are having big issues with exotic species (especially pythons) being released into the Everglades..... why do people buy and keep these exotic animals as pets and then release them when they get too big to handle, is my question?

Shari - you've got the answer girl!  Why spend all day preparing and cooking? Simple sounds much better!! 😄 Actually Greg shot the snake and then had to rid it of the "biting end" because the venom can still kill after the snake is dead, so he had to remove the head and dispose of it to make it a "safe zone".  Pity that the snake had to be destroyed but a better scenario than if it got into the playground equipment  which was only yards away.

Is anyone going away for the holiday?  Not us, just chilling!!

The first day of July turned out to be a scorcher, and the hottest day of the summer so far. David picked up a slip ‘n slide and a bunch of water pistols, and our grandsons had a lot of fun keeping us cool and wet!😎 Fortunately, we did the BBQ later in the day when the yard and patio were shaded, so at least no one was in the sun!

Jackie - And I thought the bat flying around our house was scary. That is one big, terrifying rattlesnake.😮 Your son-in-law is a handy guy to have around and deserves some kind of humanitarian award for preventing an awful scene at the playground.

Shari - enjoy your upcoming BBQs ... and your mai tai! Don’t overdo it, and let other people bring stuff.  Jenn, Manda and Manda’s roommate are coming over on the Fourth for steamers. I didn’t order them for the BBQ yesterday because the clams aren’t cheap, so I save them now for those times we have just a few people over. Besides, we had a lot of food. I made chicken wings, potato salad and greek pasta salad, and with the grilled stuff and corn on the cob, it was plenty!

Miranda - Even the Dutch are having a heat wave. Seems no one is spared! Stay cool and pedal fast for the breeze!😀 I must be confused - I thought you were interested in trying out Sky Princess?

Time to head home. Have a great night!

Sheesh, hot, hot, hot!!!

Jan - yes Greg is a very handy guy to have around. The same neighbor called upon him a few months ago when she woke up one morning to find 18 of her laying hens had been massacred overnight.  Greg to the rescue ..... he managed to trap a Bobcat the next night and take it a couple of miles away into the woods, hopefully not to return to their area. Being out in the "boonies" they have a lot of wildlife issues....... and they are wildlife lovers, but not to the detriment of theirs or their livestock's lives.  Clams ... I am so jealous .... wish we had those awesome clams that you get up there, enjoy!!  Your idea of the slip n slide and water pistols is brilliant in this heatwave - I bet the grandkids had an amazing time.

shari - you have it right girlfriend ...... Mai Tai's in this hot weather ..... yummy!!!

Hi Everyone...another nice day.  Did get a few things around the house done.  Marc is still painting outside and doing a great job. Also is being good about coming in and cooling off once in awhile, and not spending hours on the job.  Yea!  Sounds like I don't want him to work, but it's not that.  He's 8 years older than I am, and still thinks he's Tarzan.  LOL I have to remind him once in awhile to take it a little easier...LOL  Being selfish...don't want to lose him.

Todd...it sounds like you're getting some good food for great prices...I could handle that...also would like shopping in Chinatown.  I also like to buy a lot of things and then have to just take them out of the closet and wrap for the holidays...easy way to do it. I also buy extra things just to have in case we have extra company sometimes along with all the family.  Always works out great.  Thanks for the good wishes for the 4th.  Hope you and your wife also have a good 4th.  I don't think the places you will be traveling to will celebrate, but wondering if the ship does celebrate the 4th?  Anyway, enjoy your cruise!  Know what you mean about missing boating in Boston and watching the fireworks...used to watch the show about Boston on the 4th with the fireworks and all of the guest singers...forget the name of it.  I now watch the "Capital Fourth" and "Macy's Fireworks."  Looks like there is a new one now, celebrating the 4th at the White House.  I record them all and watch later on...love it. No heat, and no mosquitos.  I would really miss boating and watching the fireworks, also, though.  That has to be amazing!

Jackie...yes, sometimes we need that rest and get out of the heat.  You have a good question about why do people buy exotic animals and then raise them and then release.  I have often wondered about that  myself.  I have seen some of the videos about people raising lions, from babies, and then letting them go.  Then when they see them again as adults they remember the person who raised them and give them a hug...I am totally amazed by that.  I would have trouble letting them go when they're so young and so cute, but would also know that they could be dangerous, and do need to be with other animals like their own.  Greg is amazing with his knowledge of snakes, and also bobcats...Wow!.  It would sure be nice to be neighbors with him.  Marc would come over riding the John Deer and do their lawn, and take away their snow. Yup...staying home for the holiday and waiting for that nice mail-tai.  When we were in Hawaii, my former SIL and I went to the outside mai-tai bar at one of the older hotels...the pink one.  While the guys were climbing hills we were sitting by the sea and having sips...yumm.  I liked it so much that when I got home I wished I had asked for the recipe.  So I thought that there was a possibility it would be online on their website.  Really didn't think that it would be, but there it was...so Marc and I messed around with the recipe a bit and made it like we liked it...very close to the original.  Yumm!  Should only have one, though, since they are strong.

Jan...great idea for the kids, the water slide, and water pistols...fun to watch them also.  Glad you had a nice BBQ, and it could be in the shade.  It will be fun to have the girls over on the 4th for steamers.  I didn't know much about them living here in the N-Midwest, but, one year we did take a drive up to Maine to visit with friends, and we had the best dinner...they bought Lobsters, and steamers right from the fishermen...Yumm! Your meal sounds so yummy... Greek salad...yumm!  Now I feel bad that I'm not making a lot of the good stuff!  Love the corn on the cob, also. Have been waiting for the great MN corn...now is the time to go and get it. Yumm!  Enjoy, and have fun on the 4th with the girls.

Hi to all CruiseCrazies!  Have a great eve. tonight, and a great day tomorrow, and a wonderful Independence Day!

Edited by Shari2