New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
ExpatCruise

Posting on other Cruise Websites

Rate this topic

Has anyone else here found that the posting on many cruise website is very subjective?  While I have not seen it happen here some sites you post something and two hours later it is gone,  no reasons given, no history, no emails, just gone into thin air. While I know no group will ever agree upon everything, and they shouldn't, some are so scared when you do not agree with them that they must stop your opinions and posts. 

Really it just shows that these other sites are very weak and unsure, so they hide behind the keyboards. Again not talking about Cruise Crazy becasue never seen this way of doing business here. But other larger sites seem to not want to hear different opinions, and just want to attack members.  While this site is not the biggest site, it seems to be the most friendly and fairest of all the cruise sites.  Happy to be posting here with other humans, not small people hiding behind the keyboards and moderators who have failed at life so the only power they have is to delete posts.

Never seen a single person attacked here, or told your questions are stupid, never seen members called trolls here. Just a friendly group of people who like to cruise and enjoy life. Happy to be a member here are Cruise Crazies.... but really we are not crazy, crazy is the games other sites play.  

Todd

Todd...I started out on cruise boards 15 years ago.  I used to talk on quite a few at a time...was on the largest one, will not name names on here, not proper to do that, and most on the largest one there were not friendly at all.  When on our Panama Canal cruise, our ship had some issues with the pod system, and the same day we were in port on a tour, as soon as we got back on the ship, we were told to pack up and leave...it was around 6 PM and over 2000 of us had to get off right away.  Long story, but many on that board were so nasty...telling some of us who were on the cruise that it couldn't have been that bad, when they told how bad things were after getting off the ship, long story, and it was very bad...people were saying that the Coast Guard were the ones to have us leave the ship, and they didn't even know that...it was the company of the ship we were on...their choice to leave us in Acapulco, anyway, some were very nasty and didn't know anything about what was really happening.  This incident is the one that led me to look for other Cruise sites...then I found this one and one other that was great like this.  After a few years the other one closed, and I still have friends on FB from there, and this one has always been very special to me...great people, and Jason,  who started this board,  is the best.  Have stayed here for all of the 15 years.  I did have one friend from the large board, and we connect by e-mail a lot.  She was very nice and wanted to hear what really went on, on the Panama Canal trip.  After about 2 years, I wrote of what we really went through on that cruise, but had it on one old computer and lost it when the computer crashed.  It is better that I did lose it though since it's best to forgive and forget.  So glad you found CruiseCrazies...we love your posts and pictures, and getting to know you.

Shari  

One thing you always get from me is the truth. Even if the PC thing is to say nothing I always in life am straight forward and direct. Cannot always say we will agree upon everything, can say that is we disagree, and then debate it around once done it is over. Never put any stock in being mad with people or getting even. Life is to short to waste energy on that stuff. 

It seems that when people can hide behind keyboards they become very brave and post many things, they all become Critics.... but if they have the curtain pulled back and the true identity is know everything changes.   But this site is very different, just a group of friendly people who like cruise ships, have opinions, but understand being friendly and nice is just as important as winning.

Todd

Thanks for the kind words @ExpatCruise and @Shari2. It makes my day to read posts such as yours and I appreciate all of your support. I can’t take all the credit, It’s AWESOME members like you who help us continuously hold the title over the many years as “The Friendliest Cruise Community on the Net!”

Yeah, the moderators over at the "critic" site are very trigger happy, and the people over there can be downright mean and vicious. With that said, however, I have in the past, been able to hook up with other nice people on the other "Critic" roll calls specifically to share a tour. My Christmas wish is that we can increase the traffic here on all the forums and especially get more people to post their future cruises on our "Roll Call & Group Cruise" forum so that we have the opportunity to do the same - meet up on a cruise and plan tours together, both for the camaraderie and the savings!🙂

What we have that the other communities don't is a small but tight-knit community of friendly people, and we really have The Dock to thank for that. The Dock gives us the opportunity to get to really know people in a more personal way that you could never do with people behind the keyboard. It's no wonder that our CruiseCrazies group cruises are usually made up of our members who frequent the Dock.🙂

@Jan115,  thanks for the kind words!  Plans are in the works for the near future to begin recruiting new regulars .. more to come shortly!