• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Grand Princess Hawaii October 24th

Rate this topic

I'm not on this one but have done that cruise roundtrip L.A. on the Golden and loved it - have you done it before?  We love the sea days....and of course....we love Hawaii!  Hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you Andi,

This is our first time to cruise to Hawaii. We cruise R/T San Francisco. I am finishing my bucket list with this cruise. I want to visit all 50 states before I die, and Hawaii is my 50th state! So excited!!!

2 minutes ago, lasalmi said:

That's terrific, Linda - what an accomplishment!  I would have preferred sailing in and out of San Francisco - that is such a neat destination in its own right.  But the rest of the itinerary is the same that we did.  It is great to visit different spots in Hawaii without having to hop on planes and check in and out of hotels to see the different islands.  This will give you a good overview.  Please do come back and tell us all about it!

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise, Linda! I'll be cruising the opposite end of the country - New England. I think it's going to be a tad warmer where you're going!? I have a special fondness for Grand Princess - she was the first-ever cruise for my husband and I back in 2002, and we cruised her out of San Francisco to Alaska a few years back, after she had the big "handle" removed from the aft section.? Enjoy your bucket list Hawaiian cruise, and be sure to come back here and tell us all about it!

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise to Hawaii, Linda.  You will love Hawaii...  I would love to go again someday...my favorite place.  Maui was my favorite...it's probably a lot more built up now, but still great.

2 hours ago, Shari2 said:

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise to Hawaii, Linda.  You will love Hawaii...  I would love to go again someday...my favorite place.  Maui was my favorite...it's probably a lot more built up now, but still great.

Thank you Shari, I was just thinking that we should rent a car and drive around Maui. We'll see!

We completed this itinerary on the Crown Princess. We particularly enjoyed the time at sea. The daytime and night time programmes were excellent.

It was a Christmas/New Years cruise. The only mishap was the champagne fountain that tumbled as the ship hit a small wave. Amazingly, the head steward rebuilt it in under 1/2 hour.

This was an excellent way to sample Hawaii.

Enjoy!

Linda...that's a great idea to rent a car and drive around Maui.  We actually had gotten off of the ship and just called to a driver (there were many standing by to take you on a tour) and we got a great one.  He took us everywhere we wanted to go, and many places he thought we should see, and he also had a great knowledge of the history of Hawaii.  We just set the price before we left on the tour, and it was great.  He even stopped so we could have lunch, and for potty breaks for me...haha.