• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Grand Princess Hawaii October 24th

Rate this topic

On 10/9/2018 at 8:49 PM, DonaldMc said:

We completed this itinerary on the Crown Princess. We particularly enjoyed the time at sea. The daytime and night time programmes were excellent.

It was a Christmas/New Years cruise. The only mishap was the champagne fountain that tumbled as the ship hit a small wave. Amazingly, the head steward rebuilt it in under 1/2 hour.

This was an excellent way to sample Hawaii.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Shari2 said:

Linda...that's a great idea to rent a car and drive around Maui.  We actually had gotten off of the ship and just called to a driver (there were many standing by to take you on a tour) and we got a great one.  He took us everywhere we wanted to go, and many places he thought we should see, and he also had a great knowledge of the history of Hawaii.  We just set the price before we left on the tour, and it was great.  He even stopped so we could have lunch, and for potty breaks for me...haha.

23 hours ago, Shari2 said:

Linda...that's a great idea to rent a car and drive around Maui.  We actually had gotten off of the ship and just called to a driver (there were many standing by to take you on a tour) and we got a great one.  He took us everywhere we wanted to go, and many places he thought we should see, and he also had a great knowledge of the history of Hawaii.  We just set the price before we left on the tour, and it was great.  He even stopped so we could have lunch, and for potty breaks for me...haha.

Maybe we will do what you did, just find a driver and take a tour!

Nice to hear from another Minnesota gal, my hubby and I are born and raised Minnesotan's!  Near Duluth.

3 hours ago, Shari2 said:

Hey!...nice to be talking to a former Minnesotan.  We are in the N. suburbs of Minneapolis.  It is around 2 1/2 to 3 hours to Duluth...we love it up that way.  Where, about, are you in Texas?

We are in Mission, next door to McAllen, Texas. And about a mile from the Mexican border!

• 5 weeks later...

Congrats on this cruise Linda!  We have done this twice from San Francisco and loved every minute.  I agree with Shari ..... Maui is the best.  Renting a car would be a fabulous idea then you can be on your own time .... or if you prefer not to drive though, taking a local tour is also a great idea.  We won't be able to cruise in October unfortunately as we will be on safari in Africa for 6 weeks.  Enjoy every moment .... I know you are going to love Hawaii.