• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Shari2

DAILY DOCK FOR NOVEMBER, 2018

Rate this topic

November 1st, 2018

Changing to November 30 minutes early.  Going to go downstairs to watch my recording of "Dancing With the Stars."  LOL  On our way now to Thanksgiving and Christmas and the New Year...hope this season is wonderful for all, and that we have some nice weather yet.

Edited by Shari2

Wow I can't believe that Christmas is in full swing in the shops here now.  Walmart even has 2 large Christmas trees up outside at it's front entrances ...... doesn't this seem to get earlier and earlier every year, or is it my imagination?

I had a 24-hour heart monitor fitted yesterday.  What a pain (not literally) - as I am allergic to adhesive they had to order special hypoallergenic tabs and tape.  Well they are still so unconfortable on my skin and I didn't get much sleep last night.  i can't wait for this to be removed in 3 hours .....

We are going away this weekend with our daughter Lisa.  She is CEO of her company and they are having a fundraising event for Tom Herder a 2 x Super Bowl champion who had to have a kidney removed and needs financial help with the bills....... so she is putting on this event, "Music in the Park" up at Lake Harris in Howey-in-the-Hills.  We will be staying in a vacation home there with her.  Looking forward to getting away and maybe a boat ride on the Lake.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Friday, November 2nd

Wow... so fun to wake up and realize you just fell asleep at the computer for the last half hour...LOL

Jackie...yes I think the stores have made Christmas right after Halloween now.  Crazy!  Not your imagination.  Maybe they are thinking that so many of us are old now and want to shop early now. LOL

The signature feature is right under Account settings.  Just go to your picture profile and click on the arrow next to it on the right side, then you will see a couple things you can click on and you will see account settings.  Click on that and then you will see signature, I used to have a pretty signature with Shari2 in glitter, and my 10 cruises under it, but the gif of my name with the glitter had been outdated or something or other so I went back to the site it was on and tried to bring it back along with my cruises underneath but just couldn't get it on.  Jason helped me a bit and we just decided to leave it for now.  Think I will give it another try on a different glitter site one of these days. 

Marc had to wear one of those heart monitors, too, and it never seemed to work for him.  Hope you can put up with it, and hope you get good results...hang in there.  Don't think I would want to wear one.  Hope all is well.

That is so nice that your daughter's company is putting on the event for Tom Herder.  Sad that he had to have his kidney removed.  Hope all goes well.  Have a nice weekend with your daughter.  A vacation home and a boat ride on the lake sounds so wonderful.  Congratulations to your daughter being CEO.  My daughter was with 3M for many years in management and they wanted to keep moving her up, but one of  my brothers has his own company that is doing very well, and he kept asking her to come over to him and take over the company.  It was a tough decision but he finally talked her into it.  She travels back and forth to AZ and here, but doesn't have to travel so much to Europe and all over the world now.   Isn't it amazing to remember our daughters when they were young and what they are doing today?  My DD was so shy when she was little and now she travels around the world and gives speeches and all.  I'm amazed!  I'm thinking that you have 5 daughters?  You are very blessed.  Have a nice weekend.

Edited by Shari2

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD

Happy weekend Crazies,

Mine started out great. Went to my favorite theme park with a good friend. It was a gorgeous day and we had lots of fun and ate all the wrong things 🤪. Well that's what special days are for right? And the nice fall weather is going to be here the whole weekend. So no complaints here. 

Shari, don't you love the changing of the colors? It is so beautiful, especially when there are some sun rays right? Hope you are able to enjoy that too. 

Jan, the Regal is a great ship, wish I was there. Love to see the pictures and I hope you're having a great time. 

Jackie, what were the results after having that monitor? I hope it turned out all right. 

Andi, I booked myself a cruise to Asia on March 2nd on Celebrity Millennium. Fly over to Singapore, see Vietnam, Thailand and Hong Kong. How cool is that. I hope there will be cruise friends to surprise me on that one. Would be so great to see familiar faces when you least expect it. Your cruise is almost here right? Which one is it and which ship? Have a great trip and enjoy.

Ray texted me and told me he visited Dracula's castle. I hope he'll share some of the stories here. Maybe even some pictures.  

Enjoy your weekend fellow Crazies,

Miranda

On 11/2/2018 at 6:19 AM, zebra said:

Wow I can't believe that Christmas is in full swing in the shops here now.  Walmart even has 2 large Christmas trees up outside at it's front entrances ...... doesn't this seem to get earlier and earlier every year, or is it my imagination?

I had a 24-hour heart monitor fitted yesterday.  What a pain (not literally) - as I am allergic to adhesive they had to order special hypoallergenic tabs and tape.  Well they are still so unconfortable on my skin and I didn't get much sleep last night.  i can't wait for this to be removed in 3 hours .....

We are going away this weekend with our daughter Lisa.  She is CEO of her company and they are having a fundraising event for Tom Herder a 2 x Super Bowl champion who had to have a kidney removed and needs financial help with the bills....... so she is putting on this event, "Music in the Park" up at Lake Harris in Howey-in-the-Hills.  We will be staying in a vacation home there with her.  Looking forward to getting away and maybe a boat ride on the Lake.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Jackie, to change your signature, click on your profile name up at the right top of the screen, then click "Account Settings", and then "Signature" in the column on the left of the page. (Ooops ... just saw that Shari beat me to it - thanks Shari!)

Have a great weekend at the Lake!

Edited by Jan115

Hi everyone, 

I'm back from my cruise and feeling a bit under the weather. Just like the cruise in April, I picked up some kind of cold along the way, fortunately, it only got bad the last two days, and I was able to enjoy the 2 excursions. Starting to feel better, after a day in my pajamas yesterday. I might have to start wearing a hazmat suit on my cruises.🤣 I thought I'd try something new and blog my review, but I couldn't seem to find the time. I gave up after two posts, and went back to writing review style, which is now up for your reading pleasure. I'm almost done organizing my photos and will have those ready to share by tomorrow. 

Miranda - We both LOVED the Regal and can't wait to try one of the Royal class ships again. It was beautiful, elegant and never seemed crowded, despite most people gravitating inside because of the cold and rain. Congratulations on your new Asia booking - it sounds amazing! Our peak fall is right now, and with the storm last weekend and the rain and wind this weekend, most of the leaves have fallen. So I think I enjoyed them for about 5 minutes.😄

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Edited by Jan115

Sunday, November 4th

Hi Everyone...having a wonderful weekend...had a nice dinner out with friends from church last night.  One very special lady came with...haven't seen her for awhile.  She is so special, the nicest person ever.  Had some fish and chips that were yummy!  And my nice White Russian that I saved for Saturday eve.  Our weather here is getting colder...not really ready for the cold and snow, but better start getting the warmer clothes and shoes and coats ready...don't think I need the boots since I don't get out much in the winter and usually ride in Marc's car with him when it's already warmed up from the garage.  Can't believe how I used to drive to work in the old days in snow and cold and ice...and didn't think anything of it.  Just another winter day...LOL  Today I like to hibernate on those cold days...LOL  Being retired does have some benefits.  LOL  Not getting up early, and avoiding the bad weather, and no rush hour traffic.  Yup...think I like this retirement thing...LOL

Miranda...that is so nice that you had a fun time with your friend.  It is definitely the thing to do at theme parks or fairs...eating the wrong things...LOL  And you can also walk off the calories.  So glad that you're having nice weather.  Yes...the colors are so beautiful in the fall.  I always love them so much.  Fall and Spring are my favorite times of the year.  The sun rays on the colors are so beautiful.  Thank you for the nice comments, I hope that you also have a beautiful and long fall.  Congrats on your Asia booking...the ports sound great and the ship, I think, is a sister ship to the Infinity which I sailed on twice.

Jan...WELCOME BACK  ...so sorry that you got another cold this time.  It's amazing how we can come home from great trips and catch a cold or flu.  So many people do get sick when traveling...think some of that is from being on the planes in a small area and others sick and coughing, etc...but mostly just being around so many people, especially in the cold and flu seasons.  Which reminds me...need to get my flu shot soon.  Looking forward to reading your review and seeing the pictures.

Hi to ALL CruiseCrazies...have a great Sunday, and coming week. 

Happy Sunday, Crazies!  4 more days and we will be on our way to Ft. Lauderdale for our cruise; we are spending two days there prior - at my favorite hotel there - The Atlantic.   We got a great rate and I am looking forward to that almost as much as the cruise itself, lol.  Launched my latest presentation in Moline yesterday to a small group of about 30.  It went really well, with lots of good feedback and many people telling me that it resonated with them.  But it was a lot of driving - a total of 5.5 hours, and since I was up at the a**-crack of dawn to get there, I was pretty tired by the time I got home.  We did go for dinner with Lucas and family, though, since they will be leaving for Costa Rica on Saturday.  I can't wait to hear Lucas' account of the trip when I get back.

Miranda - So glad you had a fun day at the theme park - that must be the same one that you said we would go to when (notice I said when, not if) I get back to Amsterdam!  Nothing on paper yet, but I do plan to get back to those parts again!  Your Asia cruise sounds amazing!  I really want to see Hong Kong (and I confess, go to Hong Kong Disney while I am there!)  And I hear Singapore is awesome.  It will be a great cruise.  Our ship next week is the HAL Oosterdam.  It is hard to beat their prices on week-long Caribbean cruises, and I do love their private island.  Plus this cruise goes to Key West, which I love love!  Ray texted me as well - sounds like his trip has been fabulous!

Shari - Congrats again on being Member of the Month - well deserved!  Our weather is absolutely horrid right now:  windy, rain, dark...chilly.  Well....it could be worse, I guess....it could be snow!  But it is supposed to rain through Wednesday and then it could turn cold enough to snow - we never got Fall, don't you agree?!  I had to laugh about you falling asleep at the computer - laughing because I have done the same thing, lol!

Jan - So glad you enjoyed your cruise despite the fact that you and Dave looked really cold!  And great review as well!  You are right in that not many have heard of the S.S. Atlantic.  Not too many knew about the hundreds and hundreds of 2nd and 3rd class passengers on the Titanic for a while either.  We learned in our Titanic class that 60% of First Class passengers, 42% of Second class, 25% of Third Class, and 24% of the crew were rescued.  442 of the survivors were women, 323 were men.  Less than half of the children  survived - 46%.  So sad.

Jackie - Hope you are having (or did have) a nice time at the lake and at the fundraiser and hope they raised a lot of money for him.  I agree it is too early to be seeing Christmas stuff, but it is out in every store I have been in.  And the minute Halloween was over....the Christmas commercials started!  Although, I do like the one where Santa stops his car so the puppy can go potty, ha!  By now your monitor should be off and I hope that the results are good! 

Well - my fantasy team is winning so far, but my opponent has Tom Brady... but I can't root against Tom Brady, because I could never ever ever root for the Packers...oh dear, what a pickle, lol!  At any rate - I'm going to go watch so have a good night everybody!