• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

A cruise ship with No buffet, No main dining room, No dining times?? Yes, you read that right!

Rate this topic

Jason

Virgin Voyages is ditching buffets on their upcoming Scarlet Lady ship, offering 20 'exceptional' eateries instead

Though cruises are often synonymous with all-you-can-eat, formal buffets, Virgin Voyages is disrupting the status quo with the dining options on its Scarlet Lady ship, set to sail in 2020 from Miami to the Caribbean.

While Sir Richard Branson’s inaugural cruise, with the capacity to accommodate 2,770 guests and 1,160 crew, will not hit the seas for another year, reps for Virgin Voyages announced the culinary offerings on Nov. 8.

The Scarlet Lady will house 20 different eateries, from quick bites to fancy steakhouse-style meals, in the hopes of rivaling the "food scene of world famous cities," a press release stated.

Reps for the cruise line confirmed via the press release that there will be “no buffet, no main dining room, no forced formal wear, no assigned seating, no assigned dining times,” on the swanky ship. Many of the restaurants will feature extended hours, and one diner will even be open 24 hours.

“When working with the Virgin Voyages team, we were inspired by some of the best dining spots around the world but also had to gaze into what the future of dining would look like to bring the most alluring restaurant concepts to sea,” said Brad Farmerie, the executive chef of AvroKO Hospitality Group, in the statement. “Each restaurant will not only serve delicious food, but they will also have a unique vibe and energy to them to satiate sailor’s hunger for excitement and restoration while on vacation.”

VV-Razzle-Dazzle-3-by-Concrete.jpg?ve=1&

Guests won’t go hungry while at sea thanks to a glam steak and seafood restaurant called Wake, a vegetarian-centric spot Razzle Dazzle, avant-garde fare at The Test Kitchen, a Korean BBQ restaurant called Geonbae, and more. An “elevated” Mexican restaurant, an Italian trattoria, a beach-club-inspired space serving small plates, and a food hall with eight shops will be featured as well.

Reps for the cruise line confirmed to Fox News via press release that there will be “no buffet, no main dining room, no forced formal wear, no assigned seating, no assigned dining times" on board.<br><br>

“I never wanted to go on a cruise. But I want to go on this one,” Branson said of the Scarlet Lady, as per Travel + Leisure. “We love to create quality products that are fun, fun, fun — and we’re planning to create tables onboard that are strong enough to dance on.”

Guests surely won’t go hungry while at sea.

“I never wanted to go on a cruise. But I want to go on this one,” Branson said of the Scarlet Lady.

By Janine Puhak, Fox News
Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more
For more cruise news and articles go to https://www.cruisecrazies.com

View full article

Wow!  This is going to be so different from other ships.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for it...will have to hear from others when they start the cruising on her.  Will be nice for parents who want to let grandma take the little kiddos for a nice loving visit.