• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Shari2

DAILY DOCK FOR DECEMBER, 2018

Rate this topic

Saturday, December 1st, 2018

Hi Everyone...here we are into December already, and just 24 days until Christmas Eve.  I hope everyone has a wonderful December with good health, good weather, and a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Edited by Shari2

Good morning my 'Crazy' friends,

Wow, December already. Well getting closer to our cruise in just 250 days 🤗. Love to see you guys again! Just got back from the gym, been there for an hour and a half. So I really needed to eat something. This afternoon I'm going shopping with a friend and have dinner afterwards. It seems I have dinner every weekend lately. So, yay for the gym 🤔.

Jan how are you and David doing on your diet and workouts?  I hope it's working out for you🤪

Jackie, so happy to see your biopsy turned out good. A great start of the New Year! And your enjoying your time off now aren't you? I just have two more weeks to go and then I'm off too, until January 7th. Can't wait!

Ray a belate Happy Birthday. I hope you had a nice day. 

Andi, how's the weather doing? Hope it's not too bad, although it looked that way on the news. Hope you're doing fine. 

Well gonna hit the shower, I really need it 🤩

Have a great weekend everyone,

Miranda

Good morning, everyone!

To begin December and the holiday season, we are starting the month off with a Christmas concert by a local community choir, which my brother Norm and sister-in-law Dana sing with. We'll meet them afterward for drinks and lively banter. Tomorrow I'm going to see Anastasia, the second production in the Broadway series we bought. David gave his ticket to Amanda, so she'll be coming in his place. 

Miranda - 250 days? I better start researching! We're still working out twice a week with our trainer, 30 minutes of intense weight and resistance training. We're totally exhausted when we leave, but at the time, it's exhilarating. David is down around 80 pounds and I'm down 20. It's getting harder to knock the pounds off, the longer we go, and the biggest hurdle is in the kitchen. I'm not terribly fond of cooking, and we both need to spend more time planning and creating well-balanced meals. More importantly, though, we just feel better, we're more flexible and have more energy. A little cardio helps, too, and David is walking in the morning - not really far, but more than he was - and I try and do the bike and treadmill a few times a week. Hopefully, we'll look like new people when you see us in August!

Shari - thanks for starting the December Dock! I was planning on getting out a few decorations today, but it's a really nice day out and decided to get the car washed, inside and out, and run some errands. 

Have a great weekend!

Whaaaaaat?  December already, unbelievable how quickly the year goes by as we get older. 

Miranda and Jan - way to go on all the exercise ..... wish I could be as motivated.

Tomorrow our friends Sue and Adrian are coming over for a South African lunch.  they will be coming to SA on safari with us in September and are uber excited ..... it's going to be a fun day sharing with them all the experiences we have planned.

Ray - hope you are OK. We miss you around here.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

18 hours ago, Jan115 said:

Good morning, everyone!

To begin December and the holiday season, we are starting the month off with a Christmas concert by a local community choir, which my brother Norm and sister-in-law Dana sing with. We'll meet them afterward for drinks and lively banter. Tomorrow I'm going to see Anastasia, the second production in the Broadway series we bought. David gave his ticket to Amanda, so she'll be coming in his place. 

Miranda - 250 days? I better start researching! We're still working out twice a week with our trainer, 30 minutes of intense weight and resistance training. We're totally exhausted when we leave, but at the time, it's exhilarating. David is down around 80 pounds and I'm down 20. It's getting harder to knock the pounds off, the longer we go, and the biggest hurdle is in the kitchen. I'm not terribly fond of cooking, and we both need to spend more time planning and creating well-balanced meals. More importantly, though, we just feel better, we're more flexible and have more energy. A little cardio helps, too, and David is walking in the morning - not really far, but more than he was - and I try and do the bike and treadmill a few times a week. Hopefully, we'll look like new people when you see us in August!

Shari - thanks for starting the December Dock! I was planning on getting out a few decorations today, but it's a really nice day out and decided to get the car washed, inside and out, and run some errands. 

Have a great weekend!

Wow you guys are doing great! Amazing. Don't change too much though, I might just walk right pass without even recognizing you. Don't be mad if I do 😏

Jan - Which eating plan are you and David on?  Congrats on the weight loss, it sure is a long and hard slog and then the part that I think is even harder ..... keeping it off.

Jackie - We have no official eating plan, other than keeping a journal of what we eat, keeping within a daily calorie limit, making a point of starting the day off with protein, and making good food choices. It’s not always easy, but the journaling (or in our case MyFitnessPal) helps in taking ownership of what we eat. It’s tough changing old habits and making lifestyle changes, but we’re trying.🤣

Edited by Jan115

Jan that's awesome.  I started WW a month ago and track every eal as well. It sure does keep one accountable and on the straight and narrow (most of the time).  Good job, you guys have donw so well on it!!

Hi Everyone!

Jan...thank you...I'm not trying to take that job over...just am up late most of the time...LOL

Doing some more Christmas shopping today online. Got a lot done already but need a few more things...even got Marc's... had needed some gift cards for the teen agers...we have a lot to buy for, so saw an add for Target, for today only, you can get Target gift cards for 10% off...got 4 of them and saved over 8 dollars... and also it's free shipping.  Need more cards for different restaurants, but will look elsewhere for them.  Spent half the day shopping for a gift for a child on our Christmas tree at church.  They used to explain everything on the card on the tree but this year they didn't really give an age, or sex, so it has been hard, but found something I think will work.  Anyway...it's a cold, snowy, and dreary day here in the Upper Midwest anyway, so it's a good day to be inside shopping...LOL

Hi to Miranda, Jackie, Ray, Andi, and to ALL of our CruiseCrazies...have a great Sunday, and an even greater week coming up.

We had the most outstanding visit with our friends who will be joining us to SA in September. Lots of yummy South African foods, good wine and fantastic friendship ..... what's better?

Shari - you are waaaay ahead of me.  Sounds like you got some great bargains.  I must say the handiness and ease of buying gift cards of one sort or another as presents really makes ones life much easier.  I am pretty much taking that route this year for everyone except for 3 year old Max ... toys, toys, toys.  I always stress at the last minute, now the family can stress on how to spend their gift cards 😄 😄