• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Miranda

DAILY DOCK FOR JANUARY 2019

Rate this topic

Happy New Year to all my Crazie friends - may 2019 be an awesome year for you all, filled with love and travel!!!!!

Wishing all my CruiseCrazies friends a new year full of good health, happiness and fabulous new cruise adventures in 2019!

happy-year-3848864_1280.jpg

Happy 2019 to all my CruiseCrazies friends!!  Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve - no matter how you spent it.  We had a wonderful dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and then went back to Lucas' for games and noisemakers and "grape wine" ...followed later by the "real thing", lol.  Today is a quiet one spent watching the NHL Winter Classic - Go Hawks - and reading!  We had pouring-down rain yesterday and today is just gloomy and chilly, but no snow....at least not yet. 

Miranda - So happy to hear that Peggy and Larry are joining us - will look forward to meeting them!  Just 219 days to go, ha! 

Enjoy the day everyone!

Thursday, 3 January, 2019

Good Morning, Crazies!

Here it is, well into January and I'm just getting around to posting.  I've increased the size of the studio from 12 to 16 students (still haven't heard back from 5 more prospects) and I have 1 more regular gig.  Doesn't look like I'm going to have much more spare time soon.  Good news is that I have a new laptop to help me with composing music, so that should save a few hours each week.

Jackie, as much as I would love to jump on board for a Norway/Greenland/Iceland cruise, Yuki is not satisfied with the itinerary (foo!)  She wants a day less in Greenland and a day or two more in Iceland.  She's looking at the (more expensive) Viking cruise that goes all around Iceland...

Jan, great advice on keeping the passport with you on the shore excursions - we haven't done that, but in the future we will.  BTW, my favorite shore excursion was the Renaissance excursion to Ephesus from Kusadasi, Turkey.  It was truly remarkable with a beautiful outdoor buffet lunch, a visit to the Temple of Zeus along the way, the tour of Ephesus and finally, a walk beside an olive orchard up the Acropolis to the temple of Athena on the way back.  Too bad Renaissance is no longer with us (although Oceania picked up a lot of the fleet of small, under-1000-passenger ships...)

Shari, I do keep busy, but it keeps me from giving up and becoming a couch potato!!!  Kevin and Grace are here with us for a few more days, then back to Mpls to take up the teaching load again.

Andi, we're beginning to think about Alaska these days, although the idea of the Adriatic in 2021 is still burning brightly.  I know you guys have been there; how many different times, and on different cruise lines, hmmm?

Miranda, nice to hear that you got together with Martina again!  Maybe she will join you when you get to cruising in Europe again?

Kevin and Grace will be leaving on Friday, and we'll take the tree down on Saturday.  I've made a New Year's resolution this year - to NOT make any New Year's resolutions!  I hope everybody is well and (NOT) keeping out of trouble...

Have A Great Day, Crazies!

Ray - Happy New Year!  I can fully understand Yuki preferring to visit Iceland for a longer period.  We have been there twice and spent a week visiting the waterfalls, icelandic horse farm, national parks and geysers.  Very interesting, stark, volcanic but has it's own beauty. Loved their national lamb soup, you've got to try it, so, so flavorful. Wonderful!  We also loved Ephesus and would love to go back and do Istanbul as well.  Our tour sounded almost identical to yours although we also had a buffet Turkish luncheon on a Olive and Tangerine farm which was also wonderful.  Can't wait to go back to Ephesus.  Great to see you back on the Dock!!

2 hours ago, RayColey said:

Thursday, 3 January, 2019

Good Morning, Crazies!

Here it is, well into January and I'm just getting around to posting.  I've increased the size of the studio from 12 to 16 students (still haven't heard back from 5 more prospects) and I have 1 more regular gig.  Doesn't look like I'm going to have much more spare time soon.  Good news is that I have a new laptop to help me with composing music, so that should save a few hours each week.

Jackie, as much as I would love to jump on board for a Norway/Greenland/Iceland cruise, Yuki is not satisfied with the itinerary (foo!)  She wants a day less in Greenland and a day or two more in Iceland.  She's looking at the (more expensive) Viking cruise that goes all around Iceland...

Jan, great advice on keeping the passport with you on the shore excursions - we haven't done that, but in the future we will.  BTW, my favorite shore excursion was the Renaissance excursion to Ephesus from Kusadasi, Turkey.  It was truly remarkable with a beautiful outdoor buffet lunch, a visit to the Temple of Zeus along the way, the tour of Ephesus and finally, a walk beside an olive orchard up the Acropolis to the temple of Athena on the way back.  Too bad Renaissance is no longer with us (although Oceania picked up a lot of the fleet of small, under-1000-passenger ships...)

Shari, I do keep busy, but it keeps me from giving up and becoming a couch potato!!!  Kevin and Grace are here with us for a few more days, then back to Mpls to take up the teaching load again.

Andi, we're beginning to think about Alaska these days, although the idea of the Adriatic in 2021 is still burning brightly.  I know you guys have been there; how many different times, and on different cruise lines, hmmm?

Miranda, nice to hear that you got together with Martina again!  Maybe she will join you when you get to cruising in Europe again?

Kevin and Grace will be leaving on Friday, and we'll take the tree down on Saturday.  I've made a New Year's resolution this year - to NOT make any New Year's resolutions!  I hope everybody is well and (NOT) keeping out of trouble...

Have A Great Day, Crazies!

Ray - We have indeed been to Alaska three times:  Once with Holland America - we did a 6-day land tour followed by a 7-day cruise down to Vancouver.  We did Princess with a 7-day cruise up from Vancouver followed by a 4-day land cruise and we did a 12-day cruise only with Celebrity.  IF you are doing both land and sea then I definitely would go with Princess - they have the best lodges and are flawlessly organized!  IF you are doing cruise-only....Viking does do a really great cruise itinerary there....

I am in the midst of researching Alaska for 2020 with our Little Guy...  We are still planning on the Adriatic for 2021, but would totally understand if you want to put it on the back burner....Alaska is my favorite destination!!

42 minutes ago, AndiD said:

Ray - We have indeed been to Alaska three times:  Once with Holland America - we did a 6-day land tour followed by a 7-day cruise down to Vancouver.  We did Princess with a 7-day cruise up from Vancouver followed by a 4-day land cruise and we did a 12-day cruise only with Celebrity.  IF you are doing both land and sea then I definitely would go with Princess - they have the best lodges and are flawlessly organized!  IF you are doing cruise-only....Viking does do a really great cruise itinerary there....

I am in the midst of researching Alaska for 2020 with our Little Guy...  We are still planning on the Adriatic for 2021, but would totally understand if you want to put it on the back burner....Alaska is my favorite destination!!

Andi - of ALL the destinations we have cruised to and there have been many which we have loved, but toally agree with you Alaska still reigns supreme as our favorite destination too!!

Ray - if Ephesus wasn't so oppressively HOT when we went, I would have enjoyed it much more. It was also BTKR (before my total knee replacement), and I was not walking all that great. I definitely need a re-do! Jackie and Andi are our resident Alaska experts and offer some great advice. I have only been twice on the round-trip routes - once from San Francisco on Princess - and once from Seattle on Norwegian. I loved both. Norwegian did a surprisingly fabulous job, and the ship was relatively small but beautiful - the Norwegian Pearl - and I do prefer the smaller ship for Alaska.