Jump to content
  • Create an account or sign in to get involved

    Create an account

    Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
Miranda

DAILY DOCK FOR JANUARY 2019

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12TH,

Good day my CC friends,

Well the first week is done and we're back to the usual. So it's great to be able to look forward to my next cruise. Another nice thing is, that I'll be going dancing tonight and before that have dinner with my dancing queen friends 🙌. Trained my legs in the gym this morning, so all set. 

My decorations come down on January first. Then I'm done with it and happy my house is clean and back to normal again. One of my neighbors still has his lights lit every night. Looks nice but we're halfway through January already. 

Barbara and Jerry are not going to join us for their son is getting married this fall. And they're skiing right now. Ed and Kay are going on an Alaska cruise with their family around the same time as we are cruising. So hopefully Jeff and Jay decide to surprise me. I asked them and told them Janice wouldn't say a word if they would ask. Were you able to contact Peggy and Larry Jan? 

Have to say I'm a little worried about Shari. I hope she's all right.

Well gotta get ready for tonight, so enjoy your weekend everyone.

Miranda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miranda said:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12TH,

Good day my CC friends,

Well the first week is done and we're back to the usual. So it's great to be able to look forward to my next cruise. Another nice thing is, that I'll be going dancing tonight and before that have dinner with my dancing queen friends 🙌. Trained my legs in the gym this morning, so all set. 

My decorations come down on January first. Then I'm done with it and happy my house is clean and back to normal again. One of my neighbors still has his lights lit every night. Looks nice but we're halfway through January already. 

Barbara and Jerry are not going to join us for their son is getting married this fall. And they're skiing right now. Ed and Kay are going on an Alaska cruise with their family around the same time as we are cruising. So hopefully Jeff and Jay decide to surprise me. I asked them and told them Janice wouldn't say a word if they would ask. Were you able to contact Peggy and Larry Jan? 

Have to say I'm a little worried about Shari. I hope she's all right.

Well gotta get ready for tonight, so enjoy your weekend everyone.

Miranda 

Miranda - you would be positively mortified to see our outside lights lit up until March. David's doing - not mine! He just loves those lights. I gave up complaining about it a long time ago.😀 I did contact Peggy about transferring her reservation but never heard back. Don't worry - if Jeff and Jay book our cruise, you won't hear it from me! 

I am worried about Shari, as well. I tried contacting her through Facebook messenger and did not hear anything, either. Our friend, Ray, has her personal contact info. He's a bit under the weather, but said he'd look her up when he feels better. Hope she's okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday, 13 January, 2019

Good Morning, Crazies!

   HYuki and I are both battling bronchitis now.   We're both into prednisone and I'm additionally on ampicillin.  It's beginning to look like we're coming out from under it, but progress is slow.  Unfortunately, we did not escape the sneaustorm, so I'm afraid that I have to go out and clean the driveway - hopefully, all the meds will help me through that ordeal.

   On another topic, I called Shari yesterday and got the answering machine, but Marc called me back in the evening.  Sadly, Shari has suffered a massive stroke that has left her without use of her right side, and unable to talk.  The stroke required brain surgery to relieve a one-inch diameter clot, and she has been in the hospital recovering from the procedure.  Her condition has improved to the point that she has been moved to a rehab wing of the hospital.  Shari and Marc are strong in faith, and have put their trust in God and in the medical professionals, and Marc has requested that each one of us turn to God with our prayers for Shari.  I have added their names to the prayer list at my church, and I hope that each one of us, whatever our faith happens to be, seeks the help of God for our friend Shari, and for Marc in this trying time.

   Have A Blessed Day, Crazies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RayColey said:

Sunday, 13 January, 2019

Good Morning, Crazies!

   HYuki and I are both battling bronchitis now.   We're both into prednisone and I'm additionally on ampicillin.  It's beginning to look like we're coming out from under it, but progress is slow.  Unfortunately, we did not escape the sneaustorm, so I'm afraid that I have to go out and clean the driveway - hopefully, all the meds will help me through that ordeal.

   On another topic, I called Shari yesterday and got the answering machine, but Marc called me back in the evening.  Sadly, Shari has suffered a massive stroke that has left her without use of her right side, and unable to talk.  The stroke required brain surgery to relieve a one-inch diameter clot, and she has been in the hospital recovering from the procedure.  Her condition has improved to the point that she has been moved to a rehab wing of the hospital.  Shari and Marc are strong in faith, and have put their trust in God and in the medical professionals, and Marc has requested that each one of us turn to God with our prayers for Shari.  I have added their names to the prayer list at my church, and I hope that each one of us, whatever our faith happens to be, seeks the help of God for our friend Shari, and for Marc in this trying time.

   Have A Blessed Day, Crazies.

Thank you for contacting Shari and sharing this awful and shocking news. This is so sad and I truly feel so sorry for her and Marc. I sure will be thinking of them and keeping my fingers crossed for her recovery.

Apparantly you should be taking good care of yourself too, especially when you're so friggin' busy. So I'll be thinking of you and Yuki as well and keeping my fingers crosses. 

Take care everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray - thanks so much for speaking with Marc and learning about our dear friend. Shari is a sweet and caring soul, and I will pray for her recovery.🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Ray I was fearing bad news as it is so out of character for Shari to not be on CC at all. Thank you so much for the comprehensive update ....... I am so, so sorry to hear this but know that she is a lady of faith and so am I, so I will absolutely be praying for her healing.  I also hope that you and Yuki are getting stronger by the day ..... bronchitis seems so hard to get over .... been there done that. Prayers for you both as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally devastated ...... lost our precious little Gucci yesterday. My heart is broken - don't know how I am going to get through work today.

Have a great day everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zebra said:

Totally devastated ...... lost our precious little Gucci yesterday. My heart is broken - don't know how I am going to get through work today.

Have a great day everyone!

So, so sorry to hear that, Jackie. Losing a beloved pet is heartbreaking. RIP Gucci. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry to hear of the news about Shari.  I've reached out to a few folks so far in the hopes of obtaining Marc's phone number to give him a call - As well as their address .. but no luck yet in getting that info.  If anyone has it, could you please send it over to me in a private message?  Would really appreciate that!

I see today is Jan's birthday ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!!!  Hope it was a great one 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Wednesday Afternoon, Crazies!  I am behind my time - so many posts and so much activity...unfortunately not all of it good news.  I am so saddened to hear about Shari - I'm hoping that we can get updates about her - and am taking heart that she was able to go to rehab. 

Jackie - And I am so sorry to hear about your Gucci.  It is so difficult to lose a beloved pet; no one understands how it feels until it happens!  I am thinking about you and hoping you can heal with the good memories you have.

Ray - Hope you and Yuki are feeling better.  There is lots of nasty stuff going around so good that you are staying on top of it.  We are having waves of that white stuff, which has now resulted in the cancellation of our State Board Meeting for the second week... Traveling down I-55 in bad weather than be VERY hazardous to your health!

Jan - We did not see Aquaman...not really any interest.  But we did babysit with a sickie all day Sunday so watched quite a few older movies....like Princess and the Frog, which I hadn't seen before and thoroughly adored, and Land Before Time #9.  Who knew they made so many sequels to that movie - "made for DVD" - I don't think they ever played in the theaters.  I thought the original was so sad but the sequels are much happier...  Our tree is still glowing brightly....probably will come down this weekend, though, since it looks like we will be stuck in the house again.

Miranda - Hope you had a fabulous time dancing with your friends!  Just keep on dancing right through the winter...and on to your next cruise!  Ours is 32 days and counting.......

Well....my car went kablooey on my way home from a hair appointment yesterday...I think it is the fuel injectors again, in which case this will be the end of this car.  We had to have it towed and I am awaiting the verdict of the service department...  We knew we had to get a new one by July so I was just casually researching, etc., but now those plans will go into high gear.  And I have to figure out how to dispose of this car - I certainly can't do a trade-in with it.   Oh bother!!  But at least I had fabulous hair when the tow truck driver came!  😂

Take care everyone - stay warm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • 25 Posts
    • 311 Views
    • 24 Posts
    • 456 Views
    • 87 Posts
    • 1830 Views
    • 97 Posts
    • 2087 Views

×