• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What was your favorite shore excursion?

Rate this topic

Jan115

A photo popped up in my Facebook "Memories" today, which prompted me to post this new topic - what was your favorite thing to do on shore in any cruise port?

I've got several favorites, but I would say that this horseback ride on the beach in St. Maarten was the most memorable. I booked it independently with a family-owned stable, and it was SO much fun! Two of my daughters joined me - that's Jennifer in the red shirt up front, and Amanda (not pictured) is up front, as well, behind the guide. Being a horse novice, I was very happy they gave me the most gentle one, and in fact I was able to hold the reins and take a photo at the same time. How about that!

What's yours? If you don't have a photo, just tell us!

1601479_741717612506249_1089653317_n.jpg

There are many but the best by a hair has to be our excursion to the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. You can go under the altar to see the sites where Jesus was born and where his manger was. Experiences like this are no where else in the world. 

P1000421.JPG

P1000422.JPG

Edited by jacketwatch
Addenum.

MVIMG_20180831_101555.thumb.jpg.c78209faab8ec22a9f2dcca748cc1db5.jpgI concur that there are many excursions I consider "favorites" but, surprisingly, mine came on a Viking river cruise - the Paris/Normandy itinerary - when we toured Monet's gardens.  The gardens were the inspiration for many of his paintings and to see those paintings "come to life" and to be standing "in" his paintings was awe-inspiring!

On 1/3/2019 at 9:39 AM, jacketwatch said:

There are many but the best by a hair has to be our excursion to the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. You can go under the altar to see the sites where Jesus was born and where his manger was. Experiences like this are no where else in the world. 

P1000421.JPG

P1000422.JPG

That's one of those incredible experiences that never leave you. It must have been amazing!

2 hours ago, AndiD said:

MVIMG_20180831_101555.thumb.jpg.c78209faab8ec22a9f2dcca748cc1db5.jpgI concur that there are many excursions I consider "favorites" but, surprisingly, mine came on a Viking river cruise - the Paris/Normandy itinerary - when we toured Monet's gardens.  The gardens were the inspiration for many of his paintings and to see those paintings "come to life" and to be standing "in" his paintings was awe-inspiring!

Your photo is beautiful - I feel like I'm looking at an original work of art!? Someday I hope to go there.