• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
AndiD

DAILY DOCK FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Rate this topic

Happy February, Crazies!  Hope I started this Dock thread correctly?   So........we are finally thawing out....big time!  Temp right now is 37 degrees and climbing......so......things are breaking lol - like pipes and hoses and roads!  So the fun never ends, right?   I am just happy to be out of that deep freeze.  We literally did not budge from our house from Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. to Friday at 5:00 p.m.  We did not get mail delivery for 3 days and the garbage pickup had to skip us this week. On top of the cold, we had about 4 inches of snow on Thursday evening.  

Miranda - Glad to hear you are not getting the crazy weather that we and your Aussie friends are getting!  Talk about climate change in plain sight?!

Jan - Hope you did not get any of this either!

Jackie - Glad to hear you are warming up....hope it holds until we hit Ft. Lauderdale on the 16th!

Happy Weekend, Crazies!

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD

Happy Sunday Crazies,

Andi, thanks for closing January's dock. I didn't even think about when I was up here and typing. I'm glad someone paid attention. And I'm glad things are looking up for you. Unbelievable. 

Been to the gym this morning, did some homework and house work. Now I'm waiting for some friends to come over. Hope everyone is okay. Enjoy your Sunday.

Miranda

Andi - as Miranda said, THANK YOU for starting off February; otherwise, it could have been June before we realized we were still in the old thread?. We are out of the deep freeze, too, and in fact heading up to the 50’s today. So pothole season has begun! Despite the cold, we have had very little snow this winter (though be carefully what I say, because our biggest snowstorms have been in Februay!).

Miranda - we are heading to the gym, too, for training. The winter months have been a struggle with weight loss and too many food and beverage temptations. Need to get out of the hibernation zone.?

It’s Super Bowl Sunday, and a night with our Tommy, Bill and our beloved PATRIOTS. But first, we’ll tune in this afternoon for KITTEN BOWL on the Hallmark Channel.?

Have a great day!

Andi - not too sure about the 16th yet, but we are in the 70's now and heading into the 80's at the end of the week.  Back to flip flops and tank tops!! Good old Florida ..... winter lasts 3 days ? ? ? 

Happy Wednesday, Crazies!  Hump Day already...how time flies when the weather drives you crazy!!  We had a hint of reprieve over the weekend with warm temps and rain.  We are back in the yuck with an ice storm last night that cancelled evening meetings and afterschool activities....again!   We were predicted to get up to 1/2 inch of ice so were bracing for no power, etc., but thankfully it did not add up to nearly that much.  The rain came down so hard that it bounced off the pavement instead of just landing there, ha!  However, it did make for a thin sheet across everything, which of course created havoc on the roads.  And the temps are headed back down to near Zero and snow in three separate storms headed our way.

I must confess, I am getting nervous about getting out of here in 9 days.....

Jan - That was the most boring Superbowl of all time!!  Even the commercials were not that great...but we did manage to eat lots of yummy food (the men grilled tons and tons of meat,) and had a good time with friends.

Miranda - Homework and housework?  You deserved to have a little fun after that!!

Jackie - Flip Flops and tank tops....  in the middle of our -60 degree blitz, Ed came downstairs with his sweatshirt on, topped by his Senor Frog's Cozumel tank top!   ?   You can tell we are ready to get down to your weather!

Yoo-hoo Ray....time to check in......

Take care, everyone and have a good rest of the week!

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH

Happy Saturday Crazies,

Well, it's been a busy week again and there's no end in sight. But in 3 weeks I'll be flying to Singapore, so I should be fine I guess. 

Andi yours is only a couple of days away right? On the Edge and enjoying the warm weather. Which you deserve big time after that deep freeze. Enjoy your trip and the warmth. Love to hear all about when you're back. 

Jan, you're doing great getting back on track in the gym. You'll be just fine, I'm sure. You have a cruise coming up shortly right? Oh and congrats on the Patriots. 

Ray, hope you're doing all right! 

Enjoy your weekend Crazies,

Miranda

Good Sunday Evening, Crazies!  Weather as usual here.....about 1/2 inch of snow today with more snow, sleet, freezing rain and ice headed our way.  So far, though, Saturday, which is our travel day, looks good!  I honestly don't know how I would handle it if we couldn't get out in time for this cruise - I am SO done with winter.   They said on the news last night that we have not had a day without some form of precipitation since January 9!

Miranda - YES - we leave next Saturday and sail on Sunday.  I am following all of the boards about the Edge and the opinions are all over the place.  I am just going to go with optimistic expectations and enjoy everything I can.  I mean, it's a cruise....how bad can it be?!     And you will be headed for Singapore; that sounds so exotic!  I can't wait to hear all about that part of the world!

Hello to all the Crazies - hope you had a great weekend!

Andi - can’t wait to hear all about the Edge! When the reviews are inconsistent, it’s best to wait until you have first-hand experience so you can form your own opinion. I started reading Viking Rhine Getaway river reviews, and surprisingly they have been pretty bad. But given the review dates - October and November - it’s no wonder. The low water levels had some cruisers absolutely furious. Obviously, some people never even had a clue about effects of low rivers and how they affect the boats. What were they expecting - giant hoses were gonna fill up the river for them? Since we are cruising around the same time, I’ve decided that I’ll hope for the best and deal with whatever nature has in store.

Miranda - We’re cruising April 14 so we have a few weeks to go. I’m sure you need a break right about now, and a cruise from Singapore sounds like a great escape!

Hope you’re all having a great start to the week!

Sorry all for being MIA ........, just checking in quickly. Seems like I'm working around the clock at the moment and I've also been dealing with Sciatica which is horrendous.  Just two months left!!!  Wishing Andi and Miranda happy sailings .... can't wait to hear all about your trips.

Hello from the Midwest Tundra!  Egads - enough already!  So we got the ice last night.... a quarter of an inch, followed today by snow... and now we have a fog and wind warning, which has caused numerous power outages in the area because the wind is blowing down tree limbs and power lines that are caked in ice.  Saturday cannot come soon enough!  Earlier today the trees looked almost pretty, but that was when there was no wind...  now it looks like a bleak trundra with the snow blowing all over in the fog.

Jan - We had some friends who had the same problem on the Danube this fall - they had to travel by bus and stay in hotels for half of their cruise.  I'm not sure how you become absolutely furious over something there is no control over; just people behaving badly!  I can't believe the wording people use when reading some of the Edge reviews, too:  "I felt betrayed by the infinity balcony"....really?   BETRAYED?!  Who promised you what?  Or:  "I was devastated by the lack of good entertainment on this ship"   DEVASTATED?!  I get it if the ship or the experience or a port or the food wasn't to your liking, and you have the choice to not sail on that ship again, but betrayed and devastated?  So yes, do what you told me to do - just wait until you experience it for yourself, knowing that things do not always go as planned.

Jackie - I am so sorry about your sciatica - you are right, it is horrendous.   And hope that you get at least a short break here with the work.

Have a good evening, Crazies - tomorrow is Hump Day!