• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Miranda

DAILY DOCK FOR MARCH 2019

Rate this topic

Hi All, 

Well, I wasn't "dead on the floor" after my last fitness workout, as I mentioned in my previous post, but all the squats I was unprepared for did a toll on my thigh muscles that I didn't feel until 24 hours later. I can barely walk or sit. Ugh!

We scrapped the idea for a car rental and driving the route to Quebec in August. Air Canada had a deal this weekend with flights from Boston for $90, which was way too good to pass up!😀 And with the $22 bus ticket for the ride home from New York, transportation has turned out pretty cheap for us!

Andi - I see you and David had a nice little texting chat today! He gave me some dates that he's free to cruise. Not sure if any of them work for you or other Crazies, but I'll do some searching around and see what I can find.

1 hour ago, Jan115 said:

Hi All, 

Well, I wasn't "dead on the floor" after my last fitness workout, as I mentioned in my previous post, but all the squats I was unprepared for did a toll on my thigh muscles that I didn't feel until 24 hours later. I can barely walk or sit. Ugh!

We scrapped the idea for a car rental and driving the route to Quebec in August. Air Canada had a deal this weekend with flights from Boston for $90, which was way too good to pass up!😀 And with the $22 bus ticket for the ride home from New York, transportation has turned out pretty cheap for us!

Andi - I see you and David had a nice little texting chat today! He gave me some dates that he's free to cruise. Not sure if any of them work for you or other Crazies, but I'll do some searching around and see what I can find.

That sounds great, Jan!  Yes - we had a nice little chat!  😄

My husband gave me some dates for 2020 cruising. As expected, dates include all summer, from late May to early September, last week of January, last week of February, April 9-21 and Christmas week.

Andi, I love that ABC-island Edge itinerary for November, but it won’t work for him. Our best dates for Edge are Eastern Carib. last week in Jan (1/26) or Feb. (2/23). I like the Med. itineraries but, honestly, since I’m cruising mostly to try the ship, I’d rather pay the much lower fare for the Caribbean. What do you think think of those dates? Jackie, would you be onboard for this? Miranda will chime in when she returns. 

3 hours ago, Jan115 said:

My husband gave me some dates for 2020 cruising. As expected, dates include all summer, from late May to early September, last week of January, last week of February, April 9-21 and Christmas week.

Andi, I love that ABC-island Edge itinerary for November, but it won’t work for him. Our best dates for Edge are Eastern Carib. last week in Jan (1/26) or Feb. (2/23). I like the Med. itineraries but, honestly, since I’m cruising mostly to try the ship, I’d rather pay the much lower fare for the Caribbean. What do you think think of those dates? Jackie, would you be onboard for this? Miranda will chime in when she returns. 

Jan - Sorry none of those dates work for us ..... drat!!!  Both January and February dates are within tax season then we have a Transatlantic booked for April 18th, 2020 so the April date is out (I would be unable to leave bfore the 15th) and we don't usually cruise over Christmas as we reserve this special time of the year for family.  The summer to hot destinations are waaaaaaay down on our cruise priority list because as you can understand we live in the heat of Florida, so for us to escape to the north (or cooler climates) is always appealing at this time of the year........ especially Alaska.  End of April to beginning of May are our optimum times to cruise, especially to do the Caribbean.  I'm so sorry my schedule makes it very difficult for us to get together...... bummer!

3 hours ago, Jan115 said:

Jan - both of those dates would work for us.....maybe pick the one with the least amount of kiddos, lol?!  Not sure if Miranda will come over for just a week, though....

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Has anyone heard anything lately on Shari? Any updates?

I have not heard anything, nor have I seen anything posted by her family on FB....Ray might be our best bet....?

On 3/11/2019 at 8:14 PM, Jason said:

Has anyone heard anything lately on Shari? Any updates?

No, and it’s very frustrating not knowing how she’s doing. I keep hoping someone in the family will post an update on her FB page.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:09 PM, zebra said:

Jan - Sorry none of those dates work for us ..... drat!!!  Both January and February dates are within tax season then we have a Transatlantic booked for April 18th, 2020 so the April date is out (I would be unable to leave bfore the 15th) and we don't usually cruise over Christmas as we reserve this special time of the year for family.  The summer to hot destinations are waaaaaaay down on our cruise priority list because as you can understand we live in the heat of Florida, so for us to escape to the north (or cooler climates) is always appealing at this time of the year........ especially Alaska.  End of April to beginning of May are our optimum times to cruise, especially to do the Caribbean.  I'm so sorry my schedule makes it very difficult for us to get together...... bummer!

I totally understand, Jackie. I blame my husband for his retirement job that revolves around the school calendar. Not what I envisioned when he left his job, but it is what it is. Don’t be surprised if you find me on one of your cruises going solo.🙂

On 3/11/2019 at 8:26 PM, AndiD said:

Jan - both of those dates would work for us.....maybe pick the one with the least amount of kiddos, lol?!  Not sure if Miranda will come over for just a week, though....

You’re right - would we go to Europe just for a week? Probably not. Anyway, David is thinking Mediterranean - maybe not on the Edge, but I’ll do some shopping around for some options.