• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: Celebrity Edge

Rate this topic

AndiD

So is the Edge an Oasis class ship? 

So often I have read reviews that make me wary but I just dont get it as you experiences have always been just fine. I suppose if I read reviews that were all praiseworthy I should worry. ☺️

Glad you had a great time! 

7 hours ago, jacketwatch said:

So is the Edge an Oasis class ship? 

So often I have read reviews that make me wary but I just dont get it as you experiences have always been just fine. I suppose if I read reviews that were all praiseworthy I should worry. ☺️

Glad you had a great time! 

No - this is the new Celebrity Edge class....about 2800 passengers and brand new; it just started sailing in December.  And I know, right - we are all leery of all positive reviews BUT this one was all that and more.  NOW - having said that....there were plenty of people grumbling about that infinity balcony or the "strange" entertainment or the fact that they use technology for a lot of logistics.  But if you are open to a different way of doing things, and entertainment that features dance and acrobatics in addition to great singing and instrumentation, and fabulous food, no matter what we put our mouths....then do give this ship a try!  Little things were slightly annoying - such as the single-ply toilet paper or the fact that the Martini Bar is the only lounge to make a decent martini...but to us those could not in any way overshadow the positives about this ship.  And even though I found one of the shows to be the "strangest production I have ever seen", I could appreciate the creativity, the beautiful costumes, and the talented performers.  Even if it ends up to be "not quite your cup of tea", I doubt very much, having read your posts as well, that you would feel it a waste of a good cruise.