• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
AndiD

DAILY DOCK FOR APRIL 2019

Rate this topic

Happy April, Crazies!  We all must be crazy-busy right now, but we should all stop and take a breath because I do believe Spring is coming!  Easy for me to say on a day that made it to 50 degrees - yay!  I'm sure we'll have a few more winter blitzes before all is said and done, but I am at least hopeful......

Jan - No worries on the Saguenay zodiac tour but thanks for checking.  I may check out a couple of places, but otherwise will stick with the walking tour.  We would love to have you join us on any and all tours!!  Or let me know if you decide on different ones and we can take a look at those options as well.

Miranda - How is your weather doing - will the tulips be popping up soon?

Jackie - Two more weeks....and you will get to take a breath....and find out about your ear!!  I am thinking good thoughts for you...

Ray - Boy, Viking certainly is taking a hit, aren't they?  First the ocean cruise and now the river cruise colliding with the cargo ship....what the H...is going on?!

We had Lucas all day today so went in to the City to the Field Museum.  We had a great time, going back billions of years and through six mass extinctions...meeting Maximo, the Titanasauras...spending two hours in the rock and gem exhibit hall while Lucas took notes on every rock in the building...seeing the Wildlife Photographer exhibit and then the 3-D movie, Antarctica.  Whew!  We then made our way back home through rush hour traffic and am now just about ready for bed, lol.  I have an 8:00 a.m. meeting in the morning and then a 6:15 am departure on Thursday for Springfield to do some lobbying for Mutual Ground.  I might just spend all of Friday in bed...catching up! 

Enjoy your week, Crazies!

Hi! I want to thank you for the cards.

I can`t talk.

Just want to tell you I,m alright . Just want to I`m staying with husband who has been wonderful through this whole thing.

We are just so happy to hear from  you and will keep praying for you to make great progress every day! 

Hey Shari, so glad to hear from you!!  In my prayers and hoping the recovery goes as smoothly as possible!

Thinking of you 🙂

There is no message that I would rather see on the Dock than a few words from Shari!  It's wonderful to see you back with us, Sweetie!  God really does answer prayer.

I leaped for joy when I read your post, Shari.❤️ Praying for your continued progress. Remember, one baby step at a time!

Shari .... Shari!  What a miracle to see you back on here sweet friend. Please just know that we are all praying and rooting for you every step of the way.  Thank you Lord for answering our prayers.

So happy to see you and hear from you again Shari. Such a relief you're doing alright. Just keep up the good work and be well We are all thinking, praying and keeping our fingers crossed for you. 

Good Sunday Evening, Crazies!  One busy week done and another just beginning....and the beat goes on...  Was in Springfield on Thursday to advocate for Mutual Ground and we did get some good legislation passed so was thrilled to be in the House Chamber to see that happen!  The last night we pulled off a surprise birthday/anniversary party for Krista....she turned 38 and her and Efrain have been together 15 years.  We've been weaving our tangled web of a story for over a month now so last night it finally all came together - and a great party was had by all.  And today we relaxed, lol!

Jan - Congrats on  your Mexican Riviera booking!  Not sure how you will do in an inside cabin, though.  But we have often said that we would book an inside rather than not cruise at all if need be, so we might be right there with you one of these days, ha!  We are looking at a 10-day one out of LA on Princess for next March...it concentrates on the Baja Peninsula.  But am also waiting to see what happens with our 2020 group cruise before I book this one...

Miranda - Hope you spent the weekend dining and dancing!  Is the weather there getting nicer?

Jackie - Hope you've had a chance to come up for air - you are truly in the home stretch now.  I finally did my taxes and also got my daughter's done so all wrapped up for another year.

Ray - when do you leave for China?

Well....guess I will get some things in order for this upcoming week...as usual, meetings and meetings with a few lunches thrown in.  Take care everyone!

Hello, Crazies!

There are just 47 days left to get ready for our China cruise.  I thought we were ready two weeks ago, but Yuki keeps on finding things that she wants to arrange.  I say, go for the cheese, gal!  

The studio has 17 students now and that, coupled with the ten regular gigs I play plus choir and church council, has me running pretty much all the time.

Andi, the cruise (on, as Jan so aptly put it, the Anthem of The River) now looms large on the horizon.  I didn't mean to jump on upcoming cruising plans for 2020 - I'm still fine with doing the Adriatic in 2021 (more time to save up for it!)  I think the Viking river boats are taking an ancient viking stance toward the competition, and figuring to ram any boat on the river with the wrong marque.  I'm not too worried about the problem on the ocean cruiser, since we have done so many RC cruises, and their record is not stellar, either.  In any event, nobody can possibly catch up to Carnival when it comes to cruising mishaps...

Shari, my church is still praying for your total recovery (and that you'll follow doctor's orders!!!)  You have a small army out here cheering for you.

Jan, if I wanted to eliminate all worries about incidents at sea, I woldn't cruise at all.  All lines experience problems (although it seems like the low-cost lines experience more - then again, they have more ships!)  Anyway, I'm not likely to curtail my cruising because my favorite line has a .01% rate of at-sea incidents!!  I've put away the sneau blower, which is not just wishful thinking.  I do believe we've seen the last of the below-thirty degree days here on the Shore.  How's it looking up there in New Inkland?

Miranda, it's nice to know that you're totally back in place, keeping the Continent from falling apart (the Brits, well, that's another question.)

Jackie, it looks like clear weather in the east, at least until mid-summer.  Here, we get about six days of spring.  How does it fit together in the Sunshine State?

I have a few chores to do before the onslaught of students starting at 4:00, so I'd better get to it...   

Have A Great Day, Crazies!