• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What prompted the Carnival Cruise Transformation?

Rate this topic

I follow business, write about business, and am always fascinated by companies who transform themselves - especially on such a massive scale! $2 BILLION ?  The transformation, according to the statistics and data Carnival is touting, is impressive, but WHAT prompted the transformation itself? Customer surveys? Data analysis? A convention? New leadership? Just really curious. Most transformations fail (30%), but Carnival is one for the record books and the business books too. So what was it? How did it go over? What were the challenges you faced? Tell all!! lol!!!

Welcome to CruiseCrazies, Becky!  Carnival is definitely a story worth telling, given their somewhat disastrous beginning.  I have always believed that leadership can make or break the best (and the worst) of companies; attitude, environment, ethics....everything comes from the top and will determine whether the layers underneath can and will be successful.  But....having said that, I have no idea if that applies to Carnival, lol!  Surely there must be articles and stories written?

By the way - curious to know - is your last name truly Blanton?