• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rate this topic

I need to vent just a bit. We went to a wedding Saturday downtown Chicago. All was ok until the reception. Guess how many people spoke then? Usually its a few like the brides dad, best man, maid of honor, maybe a couple more. Well they had 13, yes 13 people give speeches! Major buzz kill. One guy, an uncle of the bride rambled on for 15 minutes and finally his wife had to sit him down. ☺️ People were falling asleep, we went to the lobby to watch tv. Well dinner was very late and afterwards we just went to bed as we had a room in the hotel. Took the fun out of it. Just goes to show why wedding planners are in business. Cheers folks! 

I definitely would have dozed off. 😴 Don’t people consider the guests’ comfort and enjoyment when planning weddings? I saw your photos and videos on Facebook. It looked like a beautiful wedding, otherwise.

Some people think they are being cool or funny but really have no idea it’s just the opposite.  Oh well glad our sons wedding was smooth.