• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
RayColey

Daily Dock for July 2019

Rate this topic

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Good Morning, Crazies!

I didn't realize that it's been so long since I posted on the Dock!  I have some sort of schedule for lessons this summer - it looks like they're down about 20%, which is not as much as usual, and there is no dropoff in performing.  So we don't go broke this summer!  LOL   Yuki is spending hours every day sorting through her hundreds of photos of China and Tibet, so we're keeping busy.

Andi, hopefully a number of our new cruising friends decide to opt in for the Adriatic cruise on Viking.  It really looks like a great cruise at a great price, so although I'm not counting the days yet (my heavens, over 600 of them!) I am looking forward to it - and thankfully there should be room at the spa and all those great onboard restaurants!

Miranda, Tuesday is the day!  I'll be rooting for the US women, but I won't mind if Orange comes out on top...

Jan, I will be nudging our new cruise friends toward the Adriatic cruise in 2021 - perhaps they aren't used to booking so far in advance, but this appears to be such a good deal that it might sell out...

Shari, we're always thinking of you...

Jackie, the heat wave continues up here in Maryland, with most days getting up into or close to the nineties...  That, coupled with the biting flies, is enough to keep me inside most of the time.  Yuki and I have become mall walkers!!

Time to face the morning before it's gone...

Have A Great Day, Crazies!

Thanks for starting the July Dock, Ray - I didn't even think about when I posted on Tuesday July 2nd, lol!

Well - a nice 4th of July was had by all here....good cookout food and nice fireworks...and the weather held.  Tomorrow I head to Ravinia and then Monday it's on to St. Louis. 

Ray - 691 days to be exact...but who's counting?!  I am very excited about this one and we do know that they can sell out quickly...at least the cabins that us mere mortals can afford...  It has stayed hot here as well, and I think some of your biting flies blew thisaway...I'll try to blow them back to you...no need to thank me, ha!

Jan and Miranda - 33 days....

Hellooooooo lurking Crazies - please drop by and say hey!

And we're down to 32 days  now! Still going strong! 💪

Fortunately the heat is gone, but the weather is still good, so no complaints. Only had to use the AC four times. I know what you mean by awaiting the power bill anxiously Jan. I'll receive mine in February/March next year again. 

Ray I wish you all the best today and I hope you'll enjoy the game. The US are likely to win, but I still keep my fingers crossed for my fellow country women. They've been doing very well and better than our men, that's for sure. I tell my friends that my American friend is keeping me posted on the Orange achievements, so I don't have to watch it myself. So funny! 

Happy Sunday Crazies and I hope everyone is all right and staying cool as well. 

Miranda

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Good Morning, Crazies!

Cruising is so much fun, but it comes with a price - frequently, it turns out that all your friends are scattered around the globe on this sea or that river or the other ocean, and it seems that we are never all around the Dock at the same time!!

My summer schedule has toned down a bit, so I only have four days of lessons and four days of gigs, and usually they are the same days of the week.  Whatever will I do with all this spare time?  Oh, the stress...

Andi, the flies are still hanging around, but in a week or so they will move on to the east, where some of the people camping near the ocean will become acquainted with them.  So, are you packing for the Adriatic cruise already?

Jan, I am going to be gently prodding, so hopefully, we'll have enough of a crowd to take over the Viking Sea somewhere along the way.  Avast!  I already have my "sea days" planned out, so we won't be too exhausted at the end of the cruise.  Now, who's planning 2022?

Miranda, in the post-World Cup days are we still friends?  HaHa, the Orange girls will certainly be a force to reckon with in 2023, and maybe they'll be the ones to get the gold medals in the Olympic games coming up!

Jackie, our heat wave has broken, and we have more spring-like weather here on the Shore.  I haven't seen too many Florida license plates up here, are Floridians staying at home this summer?

Time to get out to play gigs.

Have A Great Day, Crazies!

I hope everyone had a nice Fourth of July! We met the grandkids and their mom and dad at our local parade in the town where I grew up. It was a lot of fun watching the kids scramble for the candy being thrown from the passing floats and try to run from the water guns shooting in our direction along their way. We spent Saturday and Sunday in the Berkshires - Lenox, Mass., to be more precise, at Tanglewood, which you may know is the summer home of the Boston Pops. The Sunday afternoon concert featured John Williams’ famous movie scores, and the man himself conducted the second half. It was fabulous hearing the favorites - Star Wars, Raiders, ET, Close Encounters, and some pieces he wrote for other TV and movies I wasn’t aware of. We couldn’t have asked for a better day - the location and weather were perfect, for those sitting inside the “shed” and those enjoying their picnics out on the lawn. 

Today I’m back to work trying to catch up on emails and messages. In less than two weeks we’ll be enjoying a week on Cape Cod with the family. Then, another week and a half until the Canada cruise!

Andi - I’m glad you were able to get the Ocean Ready thing working. David was able to log in on his phone, as well, and all the info I put in magically showed up. In fact, he went in and booked a couples massage for the afternoon we’re in Charlottetown, after the lighthouse tour.😀

Ray - Enjoy all that spare time, and don’t try to fill it with more stuff, like my husband does. I have faith that some of your Viking friends will come around. After all, who could pass up a Viking ocean cruise with this fun loving bunch! 2022? I’m still paying for 2019!

Miranda - My condolences on your team’s loss. I didn’t watch a single game and didn’t follow it all, but I did note the final score. David was more invested in the game than I was, so you and he can re-hash some of the finer moments of the competition.

Back to work!

Happy Thursday, Crazies!  We just got back last night from 3 days in St. Louis with our Little Guy.  It was a successful adventure complete with miles and miles of walking, lots of animals, plenty of pizza and a fair amount of swimming....and now....total exhaustion, lol!  And oh man, was it hot - 97 on Tuesday and 98 on Wednesday.  Tuesday we started at the zoo and I suggested several times that we move on to something "indoors", but Lucas would have none of it.  Suprisingly a number of the animals were quite active so we did have a great time.  Finally he had seen enough so off we went to the drive-thru Lone Elk County Park where we saw beautiful elk, wild turkey, raccoon families...whatever decided to come out into the wild that day,  and this guy...wandering down the side of the road...yes - close enough to touch him if I would have rolled down the window (which we did NOT.)

MVIMG_20190709_160736.thumb.jpg.54904d5c77222901ee4404a3d3ae121a.jpg

Needless to say, we went to bed fairly early last night and I still wanted to cry when the alarm went off for an 8:00 a.m. dentist appointment, ugh!  All of that walking also did not do anything to help my "hip issue", which has become quite bothersome.  If I could find about 6 weeks to rest it, I think it would go away, but.......

Jan - Glad you had a great time in The Berkshires (oh, that does sound so posh!)  Your Tanglewood sounds like our Ravinia. I would have LOVED the Boston Pops concert you described. We are supposed to go in Saturday night for a CSO classical performance but I may try to rest this hip instead; also because we are traipsing through the Taste of Chicago on Sunday...in the predicted 90 degree heat...  Ahh, what I won't do for good food, ha!

Ray - Gee - all that downtime - whatever are you to do?! 🙄  I'm sure you will come up with some fabulous project to fill in the time!  Adding an emoji always loses my text settings, but I'm not going to go up and fix it again, lol!

Miranda - It was a great cup final and I'm sorry that both teams couldn't win.  Our heat has not broken yet...still in the 90s, but this is what I wished for, right?  Do you only receive your power bill once a year?  28 days....

Well - I'm off to a meeting - as usual!  Since it is within 30 days, I can also start my packing list and TO DO list and TO BUY list and hopefully rest this hip so I will be ready to boogie on our cruise coming up!  Hope everyone has a great weekend planned.

Happy Saturday my friends,

Well it's finally pretty rainy and that is not a bad thing. We really needed that. Temps are still good though, it will be a little cooler on Monday, but it will rise by the end of next week again, but still comfortable. 

Only 26 more days gang! Can't wait. 

It was a great game and our girls were pretty good. So Ray, we'll still be friends. Found this for you ...244187691_allyouneedisYuki.png.4136d324686ac567bd189f8881667e36.png

Good morning, 

One more week of work and we're off to the Cape Cod beach houses for a week of fun with the family. We finally got the third canceled cottage rented to friends of Kristin's, and since they have kids close in age to Will and Alex, their won't be a dull moment!

Sadly, I've made the decision to cancel my Viking River cruise in October. My boss has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be undergoing radiation about that time. He's been good to me these last 20 years, giving me lots of flexibility, and I simply can't leave him in the lurch while I fly off to Europe. My first river cruise will have to wait.

26 days, Miranda - can you believe it? According to the Ocean Ready app, my medallions haven't shipped yet, but it should be very soon.😄

Off to get a haircut and see what the day brings. Have a great weekend!

11 hours ago, Jan115 said:

Good morning, 

One more week of work and we're off to the Cape Cod beach houses for a week of fun with the family. We finally got the third canceled cottage rented to friends of Kristin's, and since they have kids close in age to Will and Alex, their won't be a dull moment!

Sadly, I've made the decision to cancel my Viking River cruise in October. My boss has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be undergoing radiation about that time. He's been good to me these last 20 years, giving me lots of flexibility, and I simply can't leave him in the lurch while I fly off to Europe. My first river cruise will have to wait.

26 days, Miranda - can you believe it? According to the Ocean Ready app, my medallions haven't shipped yet, but it should be very soon.😄

Off to get a haircut and see what the day brings. Have a great weekend!

I'm sorry for your boss...and sorry for your cruise, but you are doing a very nice thing in return.  When Princess was helping me place my order they indicated that they would ship the last week in July; I'm not sure if that means all of them, but I remember thinking that was cutting it kind of close....