• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Miranda

DAILY DOCK FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Rate this topic

Welcome to September Crazies,

Got back to work yesterday and that was a great day of catching up with my colleagues. So started out just fine. Just one more day until the weekend.

Andi, how are you doing and what's the MRI 'verdict'. I hope you are all right.

Hopefully the people affected in anyway by Dorian are doing all right too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm off to spinning class. Have a great day,

Miranda

Miranda, thanks for closing the August dock and starting off September. We all forgot!🤣

My work week is over. Tomorrow I’m meeting a friend for lunch and getting ready for a BBQ here on Saturday, rain or shine, depending on what sort of remnants we get from Dorian. 

Looks like I’ve got the beginnings of a group cruise for 2020. 😁 Andi and Ed will be on board the Sky Princess with me on 11/05/20, and I’ve got my brother, too, if I can get him to commit with a deposit. 🙂 I’m going to put something together to share around in the hopes of getting more Crazies with us. Ask me for details.

Have a great night!

Happy September, Crazies!  And I AM running like crazy lately.  I have three big events coming up:  two luncheons next week that I am the Registrar for....one we expect about 350 and the other is much smaller with just about 50, but lots to do for both of those.  THEN we have our Mutual Ground Walk for Hope.  We moved it up to end of September this year and I am feeling the time crunch!  We also just closed on a merger of our organization, Mutual Ground, and another agency in the community, Breaking Free.  We are the acquiring agency, at their request, so our "family" will be much bigger and busier now.  During the transition I will be on both agency boards...whew....I think I need a cruise!

Thanks for all the good thoughts; the MRI went well, ruling out any tumors or other nasty things.  So his opinion that it is a virus is probably right, and we'll just wait to see if the hearing comes back...it can take up to a year, so I will get my "patience" on and just deal with it.    Now that THAT is settled, I need to investigate this "hip thing".  I think I see another MRI in my future, ha!

Jan - I sure do hope that Norm commits with a deposit - that would be great to have them on our 2020 group cruise!  Hope that Dorian did not ruin your BBQ!  We were sad to see it do so much damage up in Halifax and PEI.

Miranda - Glad getting back to work went fine!

Kevin - So you are just beginning - it will be a fun year for you!

We had a great weekend - attended the Sandwich County Fair with our Little Guy and family.  It was drizzly and cool, but that made it much less crowded...short lines for all that yummy fair food, lol.  And then joined our other daughter and SIL at Buffalo Wild Wing to watch the Sunday Night games.  My fantasy football team is off to a rousing start - losing the first week by ONLY 60 points. 😖

Take care, everyone!

GM all,

Nothing new on my end.  My daughter receive her passport yesterday after only two weeks.  I am still waiting on mine.  Hers was a new one and mine is a renewal.  Sent in a day apart and mine is still in process.  We were worried hers would take longer guess we were wrong.  Once mine is back we can really start all the planning for our cruise in Nov. of 2020.

Everyone have a great day!!

Andi - You are WAY too busy, even more so than David, who also doesn’t like the dust to settle on his shoes too long. 

The weather turned out perfect for our BBQ on Saturday. Dorian blew past us well off the coast, the skies cleared, and we were left with a sunny day at a comfortable 70 degrees. I do feel bad for the folks in the Canadian maritimes who got clobbered. And to think that could have been us if the storm happened a couple of weeks earlier.😮

I’m still hoping that my brother will join us on the Sky Princess in November of 2020, but he and Dana do prefer port days over sea days, and they’re not thrilled about six days at sea, so I don’t know. Once they return totally exhausted from their river cruise next month, they might change their tune!😁

Falina, I have never been able to figure out the workings of passport processing. When they say it will take 6 weeks, it takes 2; when they say it will take 2, it takes 8.😆 Your daughter must be so excited about her first passport AND her first cruise! Looks like our Crazies cruise will be returning to Florida just as you’re leaving. You booked a great Norwegian cruise, but If you ever decide you’d like to hop ships and come with us, let me know. It would be an easy process to make the switch, and we’d love to meet you!

Back to work for me. Have a great day!

20 hours ago, Jan115 said:

Andi - You are WAY too busy, even more so than David, who also doesn’t like the dust to settle on his shoes too long. 

The weather turned out perfect for our BBQ on Saturday. Dorian blew past us well off the coast, the skies cleared, and we were left with a sunny day at a comfortable 70 degrees. I do feel bad for the folks in the Canadian maritimes who got clobbered. And to think that could have been us if the storm happened a couple of weeks earlier.😮

I’m still hoping that my brother will join us on the Sky Princess in November of 2020, but he and Dana do prefer port days over sea days, and they’re not thrilled about six days at sea, so I don’t know. Once they return totally exhausted from their river cruise next month, they might change their tune!😁

Falina, I have never been able to figure out the workings of passport processing. When they say it will take 6 weeks, it takes 2; when they say it will take 2, it takes 8.😆 Your daughter must be so excited about her first passport AND her first cruise! Looks like our Crazies cruise will be returning to Florida just as you’re leaving. You booked a great Norwegian cruise, but If you ever decide you’d like to hop ships and come with us, let me know. It would be an easy process to make the switch, and we’d love to meet you!

Back to work for me. Have a great day!

Jan thanks for the invite but we have to work around daughters work schedule and she wants to do more than be at sea.  Maybe another one later on.  Yes she excited and she had to rub it in that she got hers first.

Glad your bbq went off well.

Have a great day!!

Happy Weekend, Crazies!  The warmer weather has returned and I am lovin' it, although it did come with some rough weather on Thursday:  my phone made this awful sound and lo and behold it was a tornado warning...then our tv screen went total red and a visual and verbal warning came across it; then the sirens started going off outside....it wasn't looking stormy, so we tuned to ABC News and there it was on their radar, heading our way.  So we started throwing stuff out of the closet down here so that we could at least stand in it (we have a raised ranch, so not a full basement) and just as we got it cleared out enough....they called it all off. 😂I am very glad they did, but it was kind of humorous - us running around like chickens and poof!  It was like a pin popping a balloon...all of a sudden the twister just lost it's mojo and petered out.  We did end up with over 2 inches of rain, however, and now the parks by the river are flooded.

Jan - Our 2020 cruise definitely is not for someone who loves port days...but I'm still hopeful Norm and Dana will come with.  Six sea days to me means I can bring twice as many books to read, lol!  So glad your BBQ was a success.

Falina - I probably should know this, but where are you going on your November 2020 cruise?  The planning is so much fun!

Kevin - We did go out to see the moon last night.  It seemed small, but very bright.  I bet at 9700 feet it was bee-yoo-tiful.  I am a moonwatcher....I do love seeing it up there in the dark sky...

Nothing officially planned this weekend but lots to do to get ready for our big luncheons next week.  I have to admit I will be kind of glad when September is over...my calendar is not quite as full for October....yet....   Hope everyone is doing something fun!

Happy Sunday Crazies,

I am so glad to see you're all all right. There's another tropical storm hitting Bahama's,, like they didn't have enough yet. Last week Dorian and Gabriella gave us rain, but that was all fortunately. This weekend it's warm again so no complaints here. Next week is gonna be cooler, but hey in Fall you can expect that right? 

Andi, good to see you're MRI stuff went well. How's your hip thing doing? Mine is completely gone fortunately. It was just a wrong move working out. Won't do that anymore (I think, still a blond). 

Jan, nice to see there's gonna be another group cruise next year. I would really love to join, but it's not gonna work for me. 

Falina, maybe we'll find one that will work for you too someday. Maybe 2022. We'll keep trying. 

Ray, hope you're fine. That also goes for you Shari! And of course for all Crazies.

Have a great day,

Miranda

GM,

Yesterday I did nothing except watch the Seahawks win.  It rained most of the day so a good day to stay indoors and do nothing.

Andi - my daughter and I are going to the Western Carribbean with stops in Cozemal, Mexico, George Town, Cayman Islands, Falmouth, Jamaica and Nassau, Bahamas.  Her first cruise and my first time on the East coast.

Miranda - one never knows who things will work out.  Just might have to think about 2022.

Everyone have a great day!!