Carnival Cruise Lines is excited to announce the FIRST ever Cooper River Bridge Run wedding in Marion Square- a FIRST for Charleston, a FIRST for the Run, and a FIRST for Carnival! Carnival Cruise Lines is inviting interested couples to submit an application for a chance to be the first to tie the knot or renew vows at Carnival’s “beach” in Marion Square, after racing to the altar in the 2011 Cooper River Bridge Run. Carnival Cruise Lines’ Race to the Altar fundraiser will benefit MUSC Children’s Hospital as part of a year-long partnership.
Couples interested in winning a unique wedding experience and a honeymoon aboard Carnival Cruise Lines’ Fantasy can enter to win by February 18. To enter:
- Complete submission form available at www.bridgerun.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the form.
- Send in optional brief video description explaining:
- Submissions can be sent to:
- Full rules available at www.bridgerun.com.
On February 25, the winner will be announced as the FIRST couple to ever be married on the beach in Marion Square after running the Cooper River Bridge Run. In addition, the winning couple will receive:
- First dance on festival main stage in front of family, friends and 40,000 fellow runners
- Honeymoon in an ocean view stateroom on a five-day Bahamas cruise aboard Carnival Cruise Lines’ Fantasy
Carnival Cruise Lines’ sponsorship of the Cooper River Bridge Run and the race to the altar fundraiser are part of Carnival’s year-long partnership with MUSC Children’s Hospital. Funds raised during the Bridge Run through participation of the Charleston public will be donated by Carnival to MUSC Children’s Hospital. The partnership includes several in-kind and monetary donations and fundraisers, as well as bringing smiles and fun to the patients of the MUSC Children’s Hospital with quarterly visits by Carnival Fantasy crew members.