“As we continue to focus on delivering unique and immersive travel experiences for our guests, those keen to combine their love for golf with their passion for travel are in for a treat; we are now offering 41% more golf voyages than in 2018 and 2019 combined,” said Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara. “It’s always golf season somewhere in the world and PerryGolf is uniquely qualified to take our guests there with a seamless and truly integrated golf cruise program”.
“We love creating bucket-list experiences for our guests and providing them with opportunities to golf across the globe and our exclusive partnership with Azamara is a perfect reflection of that. In particular our annual flagship British Isles golf voyage which includes attendance at The Open,” said Gordon Dalgleish, President and Co-Founder of PerryGolf. “With Azamara’s dedication to Destination Immersion®, our guests can play outstanding golf courses while also enjoying everything these amazing destinations have to offer.
In the British Isles, Azamara and PerryGolf offer six golf voyages built on Azamara’s Country-Intensive Voyages — immersive itineraries that provide an in-depth exploration of a specific country — offering access to the most renowned links such as Turnberry, Kingsbarns, Royal Birkdale, Royal County Down and
Ballybunion. Next year, guests can sail on the 2020 British Isles Golf Cruise, which visits nine ports, including Southampton, England, the site of the big championship at Royal St. George’s.
In Ireland, guests can sail aboard the 2021 Irish Links Golf Cruise, a 12-night sailing that circumnavigates the Emerald Isle — home to a quarter of the world’s natural links — aboard Azamara Journey. Sailing from Southampton, England, and offering an overnight in Dublin, golf-enthusiasts can expect to play six of Irelands highest rated clubs, including Old Head, Ballybunion, Royal Portrush, Royal County Down and Portmarnock Golf Club.
In addition to The British Isles and Ireland, Azamara and PerryGolf will set sail to Australia & New Zealand, South Africa, South America, The Arabian Gulf, The Mediterranean and The Baltic Sea. New to the collection in 2021 is a voyage to Norway with play on the spectacular and remote Lofoten Links. The golf voyages vary from seven to seventeen-nights, with included golf ranging from three to seven rounds depending on the sailing.
Highlights of the Azamara and PerryGolf Programs Include:
- PerryGolf staff members onboard and onsite at each golf venue to organize and plan every aspect of the golf experience
- Green fees and confirmed starting times including shared use of electric golf cart (or caddies at many venues in the British Isles)
- Daily golf pairings arranged in advance, allowing guests to meet and play golf with new friends (or to play with their own foursome should they prefer)
- All transfers to and from the scheduled golf courses in luxury air-conditioned motor coaches, ensuring maximum flexibility in transportation timings
- Guests’ golf equipment managed by PerryGolf from start to finish of golf voyage, set up and awaiting on golf carts in advance of guests’ arrival at each golf course, and packed up and transported back to the ship at the end of each round
- Practice range golf balls
- Box lunch at each golf course including post round open bar for select standard beers, wines and spirits
- Onboard Golf Group social events, including welcome and farewell cocktail parties, to which all accompanying non-golfing guests are also most cordially invited
- Casual tournament format with awards on one day. Ship Senior Officers in attendance at Awards Party
- All gratuities for golf related staff including drivers and golf bag handling staff
(Gerry Barker is a freelance travel writer who has covered the cruise industry for 10 years, formerly with The Palm Beach Post. He and his wife Pam maintain a Cruise Blog on NorthPalmBeachLife.com)