Regent Seven Seas Cruises completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment and upgrade to the all-suite, all-balcony ship Seven Seas Mariner. The ship re-entered service yesterday and is in the midst of a 10-night sailing from Monte Carlo to Venice. The newly renovated Seven Seas Mariner will call the Mediterranean home for the remainder of the season.
The Seven Seas Mariner's suites and lounges have new furnishings, upholstery, custom-milled carpeting and hand-selected accents. Seven Seas Voyager recently underwent a similar refurbishment and Seven Seas Navigator was similarly upgraded in 2012.
Highlights of the Seven Seas Mariner transformation include:
- The ship’s Grand, Master, Mariner, Seven Seas, Horizons and Penthouse Suites received all-new furniture, upholstery, lighting and wall coverings. Tones of mint green, dove grey, fawn and wheat will play off of a palette of dominant hues of espresso, chocolate, gold, burgundy and silver.
- The ship's two-deck high show theater was renovated with a new LED wall to enhance the on-stage productions, and new carpeting, upholstery, wall coverings, cocktail tables, wall sconces, banquettes and chairs to provide additional comfort for our guests.
- The Stars Lounge has new décor and ambiance. A new stone-topped bar anchors the room and the décor of plum, smoky-grey, gold, black and cream creates a subdued yet elegant atmosphere. Woolen carpets, leather, dark hardwood paneling and hammered-copper accents have also been used.
- The Horizon Lounge received a new stone-fronted bar, new furnishings, tony carpeting, wall coverings and new lighting. While the Mariner Lounge was reconfigured with a spacious “open” floor plan and features a new bar, new stone flooring, lamps and tables.
- The Observation Lounge has new décor of ivory, ebony and wine tones. A new back-lit bar serves as the room’s centerpiece which offers 270 degree views.
- The Canyon Ranch Spa received new steam rooms, new stone flooring in the reception area, refurbished changing rooms and the Fitness Center was equipped with brand new exercise equipment.
- The exterior decks and al fresco lounges received a makeover as well. New teak was installed on the balconies of all 350 suites and the teak decking in common areas was resurfaced and refinished to brand-new condition. The Pool Deck, as well as the ship's outdoor relaxation areas were furnished with brand new resort-style sofas, chairs, and loungers. The Pool Grill and La Veranda also received upgrades with new mosaic tiling, new wall coverings draperies, lighting and awnings.
By Travel Agent Central
For more cruise news & articles go to http://www.cruisecrazies.com/index.html
Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more