• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

coloradocruisers, Welcome to CruiseCrazies!!

Rate this topic

Jason

Thanks for your observations.. greatly appreciated..

Are you pleased you visited Alaska at least once considering everything you saw and did??

Absolutely. The highlight of the cruise was our trip up Tracy Arm. Tracy Arm is a fjord bracketed by black granite walls, some climbing up to 3000'. Hundreds of white frosty water falls stream down from above. At temperatures just barely above freezing, they appear to move in slow motion. The black granite walls are covered with greenery, and if you look closely you might spot a bald eagle or two. As you near the glacier, the green water becomes filled with thousands of Windex blue chunks of ice.

As we began our trek into the fjord, the sky was overcast and a cold rain made it difficult to stay outside very long; but as we got closer to the glacier, the rain let up. We were told that the overcast brought out the blues in the ice better; but one wonders what they tell passengers on sunny days.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Celebrity goes to Tracy Arm, but you're probably going to see Hubbard Glacier instead. I'll bet that's pretty impressive. I look forward to reading about you're experiences.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Celebrity goes to Tracy Arm, but you're probably going to see Hubbard Glacier instead. I'll bet that's pretty impressive. I look forward to reading about you're experiences.

you are correct we will visit Hubbard Glacier..