• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Welcome To Our New Forums!

Rate this topic

Jason

Welcome fellow CruiseCrazies members!

This is a very exciting time for all of us. I am very proud and glad that I have been able to upgrade the CruiseCrazies Forums, to enhance the overall CruiseCrazies experience.

I hope you are as excited as I am about this major upgrade. Besides the differences in the physical appearance of the forums, there are many great new features and enhancements that were not previously available. Increased stability and reliability will be apparent, as you will notice that the annoying bugs and glitches that we previously had will no longer affect us. Just some of the new features now available include the ability to view the Overall top 10 posters, as well as the top 10 posters of each day, which will recognize the members who are the most active, providing all members an equal chance to be recognized for their posting acheivements. The Search function is much more case-sensitive and reliable, meaning accurate search results, even when you search through the member list. All users have much more control over their accounts, being able to adjust many different settings to reflect your own individual preferences.

Located at the bottom of the main page of the forums are the Board Statistics. Additional statistics now available include Today's Birthdays as well as Forthcoming Calendar Events. Your birthday will automatically appear if you have chosen to enter your date of birth in the Profile Info section of your control panel. The Control Panel allows you to access all features of your account, such as the private messaging system, your options, topic subscriptions, profile info, account information, and personal note pad. You can access the Control Panel by clicking on the "My Controls" link in the white userlinks menu at the top of every page. For in-depth help and how-to articles for using the forum and it's features, you can click "Help" in the blue navigation bar, directly above the white userlinks menu at the top of each page.

Wondering what has happened to your post count, ranking, and profile information? Not to worry - I have transferred them over...Your post count, ranking title, profile avatar, location, and signature have all been preserved. Please be sure to set your proper time zone before you do anything so the time will be correct for all your posts and for viewing the forums. To do this, go to My Controls ( the link in the white userlinks menu at the top of every page ). Then go to Board Settings under the Options header, and select your Time Zone from the pull down menu. You can use the My Controls link to access all your preferences and board settings.

Feel free to make test posts in the Testing Forum. This is where you can test out the new posting features available so you can get familiar with them. Welcoming new members in the Welcome New Members Forum is an important part of our community. It provides our new members with a warm welcome, and helps make them feel comfortable and part of out community from the very beginning. I encourage all members to take part in the welcoming of our newest members here.

I have pretty much outlined the major differences that set this new forum apart from our previous forum platform, and what makes this one so much better. Many new features are available with much more stability and I hope you enjoy the upgrade.

Hope to see you posting often!