• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Creative ways of identifying your luggage

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to a craft store and bought some of those fluorescent-colored nylon rings like our kids used to use to make pot holders. We made big, bright pompoms out of them and attached them to the handles of our luggage. Every time we cruise, we hear comments from baggage handlers, red cap, stevedores, porters and experienced cruisers like, "Wow - that's the best idea I've seen - no way you could misplace those!" They're right, too. Our luggage really stands out at customs. We also use lime green luggage straps.

We have large round brightly colored nametags that we purchased at Wal-Mart, we also have brightly colored nametags that I made and lamenated and we have brightly colored luggage straps that we purchased. Between the three things they stand out pretty well in all that luggage.

My mom finds the worst looking, gaudiest fabric she can purchase thinking that no one else will dare use it on their luggage. She ties a thick strip of the ugly fabric around her beautiful luggage and a decorative bow around the handle made of the same fabric. I'm always embarrassed to pick up her luggage but I never have trouble finding it. B)