• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Have you ever stayed in toch with the crew?

Rate this topic

jbond

Have you ever been in contact with any of the crew you met on a cruise?

One time on Nordic Prince, we got very friendly with one of the bands. They were a very young group from our old hometown in England. They became very friendly with our teenage daughters, surprise, surprise. They would even meet us on the beach when we were in port, which was Ok because they always had a big cooler of beer with them. About six months after we got back home, one of them flew out to California and spent a week with us.

Last year on Brilliance, our daughter & SIL got friendly with the concierge and they e-mail each other. We're hoping that he will still be the concierge on Brilliance next year when we sail her again.

On our last cruise, my sister-in-law and her husband became good friends with a bar waitress, and they exchanged e-mail addresses and promised to write. My sis gave her our e-mail address, as she doesn't have a home computer. The waitress sent us one e-mail, and we sent one back to her, but we never heard back from her after that. Don't know what happened to her.

Hi!

We met one of the bar waiters on our 3rd cruise. Became instant friends. He would call us almost every time he was in a US port. We met him in -97 and in May of 2000, he came to visit us after his contract, before he went home. He stayed for 2 wks & we drug him all over trying to show him everything we could! We had such a wonderful time. He just went home last month and he & his wife have called us several times. We are hoping that he will get to visit us again. Of course, we have promised to travel to the Philippines some day to visit them.

I also have several other good friends & sometimes have the hardest time trying to figure out which ship to go on! We leave for Ft. Lauderdale on 11/28 (to sail on the Maasdam 11/30) and are visiting 2 friends (bartenders) that just got on the Zuiderdam -they will be there on Sat.

I admire these friends; they work so far away from home, for so long without much time off, & most do it with smiles on their faces. They are very strong people. I'm sure if I had to work that hard for my family, I could do it, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to smile as often as they do.

rocks :)

I did once. I went on a Carnival Cruise, I think it was the sensation, over my spring break of my senior year in high school, I became friends with one of the photographers from Prague. My sister and I went to Europe a few months later and got a chance to catch up with him and have him take us around the city it was quite nice. I love knowing people all around the world, always a friendly face wherever you go

trvljill,

Welcome and it's great to see you posting.

It's so nice to hear that people can be so gracious even though you spend such a short time with them on the cruise. It's wonderful that he took the time to show you and your sister around the city. :D

• 3 months later...