• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Ship Sightings

Rate this topic

Mebert

On Sunday, November 16, I spotted NCL's Norwegian Dawn docked on the West Side of Manhattan in the Hudson River. She was magnificent. I was able to see the statue of Liberty painted on her port side. It was difficult to see more because I was driving by in New York traffic. I wanted to park somewhere and watch her take off.

How I longed to board her and go where ever she was sailing.

Is this an obsession? B)

Hi all,

I consider myself very fortunate living right down here in South Florida. I get to see lots of cruise ships everytime I pass the port of Miami. I also live real close to Port Everglades and see the cruise ships there too :D Eveytime I see the ships I really long to be on one again. It won't be too long before my next cuise tho, we leave May 15 on the new Caribbean Princess for the Eastern Caribbean, and I can't wait to go.

My office window overlooks Boston Harbor, so I am lucky to see a lot of ships during the peak autumn cruising season. Among the ships I've seen were Golden Princess, Rotterdam, one of the new Royal Caribbean ships (I forget which one), and Celebrity's Constellation after her maiden voyage a couple of years ago. Needless to say, autumn is not my peak season for getting work done. :)

Mebert, I was just getting off the Dawn the day you saw her. She really is a Dawn of a new era. Ive sailed her twice already, and the price at this time of year cant be beat, $399PP, so book it, thats a steal! CAROL

• 3 years later...

I am also lucky, I see Tampa Port on my way in to work. The main ones I see are the Carnival ships. Was the Miracle, then they moved the Carnival Legend in this past April. I am also admitting when I had the Miracle Booked when I passed I would talk to her!! LOL Telling her how many days it would be before I was on her. LOL

OK You can bring the straight Jackets out now. [/size]

• 2 weeks later...