• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

When is the best time to book a cruise?

Rate this topic

suemecham

When is the best time to book a cruise?

Do you go ahead and pick your cabin a year or so in advance and pay more with a possible upgrade in the guarantee category?

Do you book your cabin a few months in advance at a good rate and take your chances on a cabin?

Do you wait till the last minute with deep discounts and take your chances on airfare?

WHEN is the best time to get the BEST rate on the BEST cabin?

;) Well, right after the last one. There are some nice incentives from the cruiseline when you do. But, if that fails. I always get several quotes from different time periods and compare. You know when peak season is, so right after/before peak season is a good time. You take it and then you wait for a upgrade if you like. That's the way I call it.

For my upcoming cruise I booked about one month ago. I really want to book while I'm on board the ship for next year, but I want to make sure if the price drops I'll be eligible for refunds and if this certificate I'm holding is good for on-board booking. Actually, I think anytime I am able is a good time.

Due to the fact that I have to make arrangements for someone to fill in for me when gone from work I usually book a cruise 6 months or more in advance.

I think if you want a specific room on a ship you should book in advance so you can get the room you want, otherwise book when you feel comfortable with the price.

We normally book a guarantee so it is rare we know what room we will be in. We have booked a specific room on a few occasions.

• 1 year later...

Some people have lots of luck in getting amazing last minute deals if they're ready to pack up and board the ship with just a few days notice. However, my parents have tried that several times with no such luck. :(