• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

To make my interior cabin a great experience

Rate this topic

Taichi

I have cruised in insides, outsides and balconies. The trick is not to think where you could be, but where you are! I totally like sleeping in the dark, even in the middle of the day for a nap if needed - insides make that possible. If having the sunlight in the morning is important to you, set the TV to the channel that has the bridge cam and turn the tv on during the night......as it gets light outside, it will get a little lighter in your cabin.

Remember that you are getting the same service, food and entertainment that everyone else on board is getting.

Taichi,

We have cruised many times in inside cabins. We really enjoy the darkness in the morning , very conducive to sleeping late . For me, the cabin is very cozy. :P

I think sailinglisa's suggestion above about setting the tv, is a great one. :D

I have had many inside cabins. What you will find is you will not spend much time in your cabin. Other than the TV there really is nothing to look at. You will find it nice and dark for sleeping, you will also find if you take a nap you will have no clue what time it is because it will be dark. Make sure you have a clock to look at to keep track of time.

Well, I could give some tips, but this board is read by minors. LOL

We've had one inside cabin, and don't look back at it as being a lesser experience than the others with windows. You read a lot on various message boards with people saying they just could not enjoy having an inside cabin, especially after having balconies or being in suites. To me, these people don't know how to have fun on a cruise, if the cabin makes a difference to them. Sure, windows or balconies are nice to have, but if finances or availability dictates an inside, then that shouldn't be a drawback.

What have you done to make an interior cabin great fun?

Well, the most important thing....have your sweetie with you and plan on being out of the room more than in it. There is so much to do and we are only in there to shower, change clothes and sleep.

In our opinion, the cabin does not make the cruise....we do. Have Fun!! B)

A night light is useful. However, we just leave the bathroom light on and close the door. You can see enough light to find it :D

I agree with Dan. I've had more insides, by choice, than outsides or balconies in 17 cruises. That's why we can afford 17 cruises.