• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What's your favorite port of call?

Rate this topic

Jason

Hi all! Thank you for the welcome too! :cheesy:

We love to snorkel, but my hubbie is set on going fishing in Belize. Do you know of any good fishing charters there? I will have my 6yo and my 10yo, so I might just do a tour of some sort, any ideas? This site is great for info!!!

Stacy

Glory 11/04

Nordic Empress 2/00

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry--can't help you on fishing or other activities. We ended up at San Pedro on Ambergris Caye after our snorkel trip. We didn't find much to do there except have lunch and hang out at the beach. This website should help you out.

http://www.belize.com/ambergriscaye-belize.html

Several times, it's a really pretty island and very well organized.

If you like party boats, Barbados has one of the best, the Jolly Roger.

If you like to sight see, get a taxi at the dock and go around the island. The Atlantic side is very different from the Caribbean side. Stop at Sam Lords Castle and have a drink on the beautiful patio overlooking the Atlantic surf. You can checkout Harrisons Caves. They have a tram system that takes you for a ride to see the stalactites ,stalagmites and the underground pools. Shopping is pretty good on High Street and the people are really friendly.

Rio de Janeiro-- This is the most beautiful port to sail into. Once there, the scenery is great and the entertainment wonderful. I haven't been during the Carnival, but the Mardi Gras in New Orleans tells me I should stay awayfrom Rio during this time.

I would have to also go with Venice, Italy. Did this port while aboard the Silver Wind. Back in the "real world", I think I'd have to vote for St. Thomas which we love. Received Christmas Cards from four Jewelers on the island, so I guess we are on the "A List". I traditionaly wake up Roe upon arrival in St. Thomas with - "Wake up it's Christmas!"

We have loved every port and every ship and every cruise. But our most recent cruise was this fall, along the St. Lawrence River and then the Atlantic coast of New England. Bar Harbor, Maine took my breath away. The leaves were soooo red, the air was sooo crisp, and the lobster was to die for........

Love, Elena :grin:

• 6 years later...

The Greek island of Paros is one of the most popular and touristy Greek islands. It is located in the heart of the Cyclades, in the Aegean Sea, in front of Naxos and near Mykonos.

It attracts thousands of visitors every year and the reasons are obvious: exquisite sandy beaches in crystal waters, traditional villages with whitewashed cubic houses in narrow paved alleys contrasted with the many bougainvilleas, lovely chapels, an exciting nightlife.

victorian inn bed and breakfast ~ Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind ~