• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Porthole Readers' Choice Awards

Rate this topic

Mebert

Porthole Magazine just published their Readers' Choice Awards for several different categories on cruise ships, such as best food, best entertainment, best children's program, etc.

Conspicuously missing from any category was Norwegian Cruise Lines.

Why do you think that is?

Do you think the ratings were fair or NCL passengers don't read Porthole Magazine?

I do not think that any poll that is posted in a magazine is very accurate. Many people do not answer the polls. I also feel that a poll such as the one in Porthole means nothing to me. I go by what I like and not what others may like. I did read the results and some I agree with some I do not.

I do sell cruises and from what I have heard from our customers and friends that have cruised NCL, it doesn't surprise me that they did not make any of the categories. I have not heard anything totally negative but than I have not heard anything that was outstanding either.

It still comes down to I will go with whatever cruise I want to take.

I agree with you PEB.

I intend to take the Norwegian Dawn out of New York one of these days and I was just wondering what type of experience to expect. I was hoping to stimulate some conversation and get some NCL defenders to encourage me to take an NCL cruise.

I do respect the opinions of my buddies on Cruise Crazies, but in the end, if I want to go somewhere or try something, I will make the ultimate decision to go, good or bad. I will suffer the consequences for not listening and come back and affirm that the Cruise Crazies participants were right or that state honestly that despite this or that, I had a good time.

I'm looking forward to hearing particularly about the Norwegian Dawn.

NCL was my favorite line, before "Freestyle." I was a loyal Latitudes member and have many NCL cruises under my belt.

Since Star took them over, and converted to "freestyle," they are no longer my favorite. As a prior post stated, nothing was bad, it's just that nothing was very good, with the exception of the production shows.

Well, Ive been on the NCL Dawn twice this year and Id book her again in a heartbeat! I loved the service, the food, the entertainment, the ports of call, everything! Check out my review a couple pages back. Mebert, sail the Dawn you wont be sorry!! Freestyle cruising rules!

Ditto to what Jeff said, although we still love Norwegian Majesty (and of course, SS Norway, which is not Freestyle, and will hopefully return to cruising in the near future).

As far as the poll, I wouldn't give it much credence. As a former statistician, I would tend to believe that the number of Porthole readers who participated in the survey constituted a very small percentage of the cruising population, and was therefore not an accurate sampling.

Ditto to what Jeff said, although we still love Norwegian Majesty (and of course, SS Norway, which is not Freestyle, and will hopefully return to cruising in the near future).

As far as the poll, I wouldn't give it much credence. As a former statistician, I would tend to believe that the number of Porthole readers who participated in the survey constituted a very small percentage of the cruising population, and was therefore not an accurate sampling.