• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

first time cruiser

Rate this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kerry Everything in your post is very helpful. Some other things others suggested was a night lite, alarm clock and duct tape (thanks Rose).I hope you have a great time. Bon Voyage and Thank you Alice PS---Bug repellent and baby wipes.

Hi Kerry Everything in your post is very helpful. Some other things others suggested was a night lite, alarm clock and duct tape (thanks Rose).I hope you have a great time. Bon Voyage and Thank you Alice PS---Bug repellent and baby wipes.

DUCT TAPE. MOST IMPORTANT. It must be packed where it can be reached, like an outside pocket in luggage. Once, my luggage arrived in bad shape, Delta did a real number on it, the duct tape saved the day. Mr.Gizmo fixed it right there in the airport. It made it to the ship and back home with no problem.

ZIP LOCK BAGS . I use lots of zip Lock bags. Anything that can leak goes in them, and on some things I even double them. Better to be safe that sorry.

Don't bring new sandals or shoes. You will get blisters. Bring your comfortable old shoes to go on shore. I am a flip flop gal, but I always bring 2 pairs, just in case one breaks.

HAIR CONDITIONER. The caribbean sun and wind will wreck your hair.

SUNTAN LOTION- heavy duty stuff, at least 30-35, and I tan easily. That Caribbean sun is STRONG.

I also bring an assortment of crap, "just in case":

ASPIRIN

COLD REMEDIES - I can't take some of the stuff like Sudafed and what they sell on the ships is limited and very $$$.

ALKA SELZER- very important if I over indulge

PENICILLAN - I am prone to gum infections. My periodonist always gives me a prescription prior to leaving the country.

BANDAIDES

NEOSPORIN

DUCT TAPE. MOST IMPORTANT. It must be packed where it can be reached, like an outside pocket in luggage. Once, my luggage arrived in bad shape, Delta did a real number on it, the duct tape saved the day. Mr.Gizmo fixed it right there in the airport. It made it to the ship and back home with no problem.

ZIP LOCK BAGS . I use lots of zip Lock bags. Anything that can leak goes in them, and on some things I even double them. Better to be safe that sorry.

Don't bring new sandals or shoes. You will get blisters. Bring your comfortable old shoes to go on shore. I am a flip flop gal, but I always bring 2 pairs, just in case one breaks.

HAIR CONDITIONER. The caribbean sun and wind will wreck your hair.

SUNTAN LOTION- heavy duty stuff, at least 30-35, and I tan easily. That Caribbean sun is STRONG.

I also bring an assortment of crap, "just in case":

ASPIRIN

COLD REMEDIES - I can't take some of the stuff like Sudafed and what they sell on the ships is limited and very $$$.

ALKA SELZER- very important if I over indulge

PENICILLAN - I am prone to gum infections. My periodonist always gives me a prescription prior to leaving the country.

BANDAIDES

NEOSPORIN

Gizmo, thanks for the great ideas. I'm wondering, do you think that the neosporin would help with the sea lice bites that my daughter always gets on her stomach from the pools? Better yet, is there a way to prevent them for happening?

Gizmo, thanks for the great ideas. I'm wondering, do you think that the neosporin would help with the sea lice bites that my daughter always gets on her stomach from the pools? Better yet, is there a way to prevent them for happening?