• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What is the latest I can arrive at dock?

Rate this topic

GiWiz

My ship is supposed to sail at 5 PM. I have cruised before and usually arrive at the dock around 10 or 11 AM. However, this time, flights are really limiting me and I may not be able to make it to the dock until 2 or 3 PM. Until what time before sailing are they still accepting passengers through registration? What is the latest anyone has arrived at the dock before they sailed? Thanks.

My ship is supposed to sail at 5 PM. I have cruised before and usually arrive at the dock around 10 or 11 AM. However, this time, flights are really limiting me and I may not be able to make it to the dock until 2 or 3 PM. Until what time before sailing are they still accepting passengers through registration? What is the latest anyone has arrived at the dock before they sailed? Thanks.

GiWiz,

If you booked your air thru the cruise line you don't have anything to worry about. If you booked it on your own we would advise contacting the cruise lines for this information. 2 or 3 PM for a 5 PM sail should be okay, but to be safe....

GiWiz,

If you booked your air thru the cruise line you don't have anything to worry about. If you booked it on your own we would advise contacting the cruise lines for this information. 2 or 3 PM for a 5 PM sail should be okay, but to be safe....

GiWiz,

You can arrive at the dock anytime you darn please! If you want to, you can get there 5:30 or 6:00 pm. Of course, you'll miss the ship, but you can arrive on your terms!

alt textalt text

HEY! WAIT FOR ME!!!!!!!

................................................................................

SERIOUSLY: You can arrive up to one hour prior to scheduled sailing, and there shouldn't be any problem.

You can arrive at the dock anytime you darn please! If you want to, you can get there 5:30 or 6:00 pm. Of course, you'll miss the ship, but you can arrive on your terms!

alt textalt text

HEY! WAIT FOR ME!!!!!!!

................................................................................

SERIOUSLY: You can arrive up to one hour prior to scheduled sailing, and there shouldn't be any problem.

alt textalt text

HEY! WAIT FOR ME!!!!!!!

• 3 years later...

I know it's an added expense, but if possible, for those flying to port, it's a good idea if you can fly in a day or two earlier because with flight delays occuring so often, it's not worth the risk of missing the ship. We once sailed with family members flying into Miami from New Jersey and due to weather, their flight was cancelled . They were very fortunate to get another out that day and made it to the ship just in time. Created a lot of stress and anxiety for everyone.