• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What is your favorite spot on any ship?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

I have a couple of favorite places on different ships.

On the Grand Princess, the aft Terrace Pool is just a heavenly area - adult only - to sit in the sun and waste the day away.

On the Island Princess - Crooners Lounge. Just loved that area of the atrium with the great staff there.

On the Summmit and the Millie - the Thalassotherapy pool areas.

On the former Sea Princess there were two areas - the aft pool and the Wheelhouse Lounge.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of favorite places on different ships.

On the Grand Princess, the aft Terrace Pool is just a heavenly area - adult only - to sit in the sun and waste the day away.

On the Island Princess - Crooners Lounge. Just loved that area of the atrium with the great staff there.

On the Summmit and the Millie - the Thalassotherapy pool areas.

On the former Sea Princess there were two areas - the aft pool and the Wheelhouse Lounge.

My favorite spot on any ship is the outdoor promenade deck. I love to take morning and evening strolls, and spend part of the afternoon reading in one of the deck chairs overlooking the sea. Full wrap-around promenades are ideal.

My favorite specific area is Club Internationale on SS Norway. It's like stepping into a time machine. I almost expected Audrey Hepburn to walk in at any moment. :) Best place in the world to have a martini, IMO.

My favorite spot on any ship is the outdoor promenade deck. I love to take morning and evening strolls, and spend part of the afternoon reading in one of the deck chairs overlooking the sea. Full wrap-around promenades are ideal.

My favorite specific area is Club Internationale on SS Norway. It's like stepping into a time machine. I almost expected Audrey Hepburn to walk in at any moment. :) Best place in the world to have a martini, IMO.

This is an absolute "no-brainer," for me. There's no question in my mind and no doubt about it!

The one place on a ship that is my absolute favorite sopt is anywhere on the stern deck....

alt text

Whether it's the open public deck, or a private balcony, I love watching the wake of the ship as we make our away across the Caribbean. If we happen to be sailing east, at sunset, so much the better.

Years ago, in the earlier days of cruising, the main pool (Lido Deck) was at the stern of the ship, completely open (no deck above it) to the sea on three sides. MOst passengers spent a majority of their time aboard there. There was something doing day and night. And, all the time, surrounded by the sea.

Once, I was was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Cat. 9A on the Victory. Sheer heaven! The 9A cabins are at the stern corners of the ship and have a 30-foot, wrap-around, balcony. We had a party, with four couples, and had lots of room to spare.

I think one of the main reasons I love cruising, is my fascination with the ocean. Otherwise, I'd be just as happy at a land-based resort. Give me a view of the ocean, and I'm happy.

This is an absolute "no-brainer," for me. There's no question in my mind and no doubt about it!

The one place on a ship that is my absolute favorite sopt is anywhere on the stern deck....

alt text

Whether it's the open public deck, or a private balcony, I love watching the wake of the ship as we make our away across the Caribbean. If we happen to be sailing east, at sunset, so much the better.

Years ago, in the earlier days of cruising, the main pool (Lido Deck) was at the stern of the ship, completely open (no deck above it) to the sea on three sides. MOst passengers spent a majority of their time aboard there. There was something doing day and night. And, all the time, surrounded by the sea.

Once, I was was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Cat. 9A on the Victory. Sheer heaven! The 9A cabins are at the stern corners of the ship and have a 30-foot, wrap-around, balcony. We had a party, with four couples, and had lots of room to spare.

I think one of the main reasons I love cruising, is my fascination with the ocean. Otherwise, I'd be just as happy at a land-based resort. Give me a view of the ocean, and I'm happy.