• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Obstructed View

Rate this topic

scraven

Hi. I am new to this board. I love to cruise! I am booked on the brand new Carnival ship (Miracle) for April in a category 7A. It said it is an obstructed view. I have heard that it is really not obstructed at all. The top of the lifeboats come up to the bottom of the balcony rail. Does anyone have information on this? thanks!

We can't help you with that ship, however, we just returned from a cruise whereas our cabin had an obstructed view. It was about half obstructed with a lifeboat. Didn't bother us at all. We could still see the sea! alt text

Also, it was a bargain price!

Congrats on your upcoming cruise on the Carnival Miracle!! We sailed on the Carnival Pride, on her inaugural 7-night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and she is a sister ship to the Miracle; she was one beautiful ship!! We were in a category 9 balcony cabin, but I agree with what you said about the category 7A. From what I saw on the ship, and from what I've read, the top of the lifeboats come up to about the bottom of the balcony. You can see straight out, to the left and to the right, but when you look down, you don't see water...you see the lifeboats. That wouldn't bother me; I'd go for it!! Have a great cruise!