• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Pre-Cruise Hotel in FLL

Rate this topic

TheSkipper

Hyatt Regency Pier 66

2301 SE 17th Street Causeway

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

www.pier66.hyatt.com

I always stay at Pier 66 when I cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. It's a bit pricey but for just one night it's worth it. Ask for a room overlooking the cruise port and if you are an early riser you can watch the Sun Princess come in to port! On the top floor there's a revolving lounge which gives a spectacular view of the port and all of Ft. Lauderdale.

Enjoy your cruise!

tigersrq :smiley:

I've heard much good about that hotel from the various boards, and we'll likely stay there next time we sail from FLL.

If you're just after a good clean reasonably priced hotel for a night, we've stayed at the Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd, just south of the airport, and it's a great hotel for this purpose. Have suggested it many times, and have heard positively back from people who stayed there. A large mall with many restaurants is right next door, and they have free shuttles to both the airport and pier.

Welcome to Cruise Crazies Skipper! We stayed at the Marriot Marina last time we were in FL. I will have to look up the address, but we were happy with the hotel. It wasn't in the middle of any shopping areas or restaurants, but we weren't that far away by cab, and in the nice weather they have a boat that will take you to shopping and restaurants.

Skipper...here is that address for the Marriott Marina hotel in case you are interested:

Marriott Marina Hotel

1881 SE 17th St

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

1-800-228-9290

I tried to send you a personal message, but, for some reason, it wasn't sending. Anyway, it will be nice to meet you and Roe.

It's OK with me if the free hotel breakfasts suck. When I go stateside, I wanna eat at Waffle House, Bob Evans or IHOP. I still laugh when I think back to that IHOP parking lot near FLL where 4 police cars were parked, and I set off the alarm that I didn't know my rental car had LOL. Good thing my skin was so pale that the cops recognized me as a Canadian fresh off the plane LOL

Thanks to all of you for your input. Been messing with Priceline, but have not hit on anything for FLL. Had great luck with them in Tampa in December for a Pre-Cruise Hotel, but Ft. Lauderdale has not worked well. Guess I will have to book direct.

Shari we too are looking forward to meeting you aboard the Infinity in December. Fifteen day cruise - should be great! :grin:

The Skipper