• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

norwegian crown baltimore to bermuda

Rate this topic

wendy

:cool: Has anyone been on the the Norwegian Crown formerly known as the Norwegian Odyssey? My sister and I are planning a fall cruise leaving from Baltimore. I also want to thank Jason, Gottacruz, Pammie, Slainte and Lisa 63 for wecoming me to Cruise Crazies--I've been browsing through the forums and have gained much insight to cruising.

please reply!

Wendy :cool:

alt text Hi, Wendy, and welcome to our CruiseCrazies family!

First, as to your question:

Of all of the ships I have been on (over two dozen), the Norwegian Crown was my favorite. I sailed her right after NCL tool her over from the defunct Odyssey Cruise Line, and changed her name from the Crown Odyssey.

She is a very cozy, friendly, ship and is a far cry from the glitz of most of today's ships. She is "elegant," but the cruise is informal. It's a fantastic mix.

I haven't been on NCL for a while, so I can't comment on the food, etc;

I cn tell you that their two production shows used to be excellent. One of the shows was a flashy, Vegas-style, review, called "Sea Legs." Eah ship had a different show theme; "Sea Legs At The Circus," "Sea Legs On Broadway," etc;

The addagio team on each ship was great! The second show was an abridged version of a Broadway musical. Some of the ones I saw were, "George M," "Pirates of Penzance," and "42nd Street."

Second, a little special welcome...

alt text

Let's be quiet as a mouse

And build a lovely little house

For Wendy

Oh for Wendy

She's come to stay

Home sweet home

Upon the wall

A welcome mat

Down in the hall for Wendy

So that Wendy

Won't go away!

Oh what pleasure

She'll bring to us

Make us pockets and sing to us

Tell us stories we've been longing to hear

Over and over!

She'll be waiting at the door

We won't be lonely anymore

Since Wendy

Lovely Wendy's here to stay

O what pleasure

She'll bring to us

Make us pockets and sing to us

Tell us stories we've been longing to hear

Over and over!

She'll be waiting at the door

We won't be lonely anymore

Since Wendy

Lovely Wendy's here to stay

:cool: Wow DaCruzNut--I've never had a welcome like that before--I love it and will save it forever :smiley: I was looking for a cozy ship without all the glitz and the freestyle cruising suits me. I went on the Carnival Ecstacy for my honeymoon in 1996. My husband and I had never been on a cruise before and were just ecstatic to be going. We had a great time, but the formal sit down dining was definately not us. Carnival had tables to seat 10 and we herded in like cattle with whatever group we happened to be in line with. Oh well, live and learn. NCL sounds like the match for me and I'm so glad to hear the Crown was your favorite.

Gotta go now and sweep the snow off the sidewalk, but, I'll be dreaming of the Crown and Bermuda.

thanks again!

wendy :cool:

:cool: Wow DaCruzNut--I've never had a welcome like that before--I love it and will save it forever :smiley: I was looking for a cozy ship without all the glitz and the freestyle cruising suits me. I went on the Carnival Ecstacy for my honeymoon in 1996. My husband and I had never been on a cruise before and were just ecstatic to be going. We had a great time, but the formal sit down dining was definately not us. Carnival had tables to seat 10 and we herded in like cattle with whatever group we happened to be in line with. Oh well, live and learn. NCL sounds like the match for me and I'm so glad to hear the Crown was your favorite.

Gotta go now and sweep the snow off the sidewalk, but, I'll be dreaming of the Crown and Bermuda.

thanks again!

wendy :cool:

Hi Wendy!

I was on the Crown a few years ago '97 or '98 cruising from Port Canaveral to Bermuda. I love the Crown and rank it as one of my favorites!

Bermuda was wonderful - I did one of the shore excursions offered which was an eco tour of the reef - small group, only about 8 or 10 passengers - wonderful tour, fantastic guide.

The food as I remember was very good, service was excellent, cabin was fantastic, lots of closet space. I have not done the "freestyle" cruising yet but I am about to find out what it's all about since :wink: I booked a cruise on the Crown last night - March Miami to Philadelphia via the Caribbean and Bermuda. I can't wait!

Have a great cruise. I am sure you will enjoy the Crown and Bermuda!

Tigersrq

Hi Wendy!

I was on the Crown a few years ago '97 or '98 cruising from Port Canaveral to Bermuda. I love the Crown and rank it as one of my favorites!

Bermuda was wonderful - I did one of the shore excursions offered which was an eco tour of the reef - small group, only about 8 or 10 passengers - wonderful tour, fantastic guide.

The food as I remember was very good, service was excellent, cabin was fantastic, lots of closet space. I have not done the "freestyle" cruising yet but I am about to find out what it's all about since :wink: I booked a cruise on the Crown last night - March Miami to Philadelphia via the Caribbean and Bermuda. I can't wait!

Have a great cruise. I am sure you will enjoy the Crown and Bermuda!

Tigersrq