• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Brand New

Rate this topic

nicu

I am going on this cruise , first time since 1978, and looking forward to having a great time. Going with a good friend, as my husband hates the water. We have a room booked on the level 2, with outside window. Going on the Royal Carribean, Splendor of the Seas, leaving Galveston and continuing to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Any suggestions for side excursions? This trip we don't want to do the busy, busy sightseeing stuff. Just want to relax and have fun.

I am from Houston, Texas. mom of 5, son in Iraq, son in business here, son in California (school), one daughter graduated from A@M, one at Univ of Houston, and about to go to law school. I have been a nurse FOREVER, and have a wonderful husband. I am pretty active and enjoy water sports, exercise, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Elaine

I am going on this cruise , first time since 1978, and looking forward to having a great time. Going with a good friend, as my husband hates the water. We have a room booked on the level 2, with outside window. Going on the Royal Carribean, Splendor of the Seas, leaving Galveston and continuing to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Any suggestions for side excursions? This trip we don't want to do the busy, busy sightseeing stuff. Just want to relax and have fun.

I am from Houston, Texas. mom of 5, son in Iraq, son in business here, son in California (school), one daughter graduated from A@M, one at Univ of Houston, and about to go to law school. I have been a nurse FOREVER, and have a wonderful husband. I am pretty active and enjoy water sports, exercise, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Elaine

Welcome to CruiseCrazies, nicu!!

We have never been much of the shore excursion-type. We're not into the whole waking up early routine too much.... :wink: Usually just go shopping, walking around, etc.

On our last cruise this past December, we went to Cozumel and it was even better than the last time we were there. They really built up a pretty impressive-sized shopping mall right next to the pier, so there's no need to get in a taxi if you just want to do a bit of shopping/browsing. Have never been to Costa Maya. I'm sure some other CruiseCrazies can offer their own suggestions also.

Welcome to CruiseCrazies, nicu!!

We have never been much of the shore excursion-type. We're not into the whole waking up early routine too much.... :wink: Usually just go shopping, walking around, etc.

On our last cruise this past December, we went to Cozumel and it was even better than the last time we were there. They really built up a pretty impressive-sized shopping mall right next to the pier, so there's no need to get in a taxi if you just want to do a bit of shopping/browsing. Have never been to Costa Maya. I'm sure some other CruiseCrazies can offer their own suggestions also.

Hi Nicu!

I have never taken a shore excursion in Cozumel...I enjoy the shopping there and having lunch or at least a marguerita at Pancho's Backyard! Great place, great food! It is located in Los Cinco Soles which was within walking distance of the pier. Great shopping at Los Cinco Soles, too!

http://www.concierge.com/destination/cozum...osBackyard.xml/

Enjoy your cruise!

Tigersrq

Hi Nicu!

I have never taken a shore excursion in Cozumel...I enjoy the shopping there and having lunch or at least a marguerita at Pancho's Backyard! Great place, great food! It is located in Los Cinco Soles which was within walking distance of the pier. Great shopping at Los Cinco Soles, too!

http://www.concierge.com/destination/cozum...osBackyard.xml/

Enjoy your cruise!

Tigersrq

Here's another vote for Pancho's Backyard. The restaurant is beautiful -- the dining area is outside under lush greenery -- and the food and service are wonderful. It's a great place to sit back and relax. Shopping in the adjacent Los Cinco Soles is less stressful than most places in Cozumel and offers a lot of variety.

I haven't been to Costa Maya yet. But I have been on Splendour of the Seas and enjoyed the ship. Be sure to visit the Solarium for a quiet swim. The gym is pretty good too, and the fitness instructors offered activities throughout the day. Enjoy!

Here's another vote for Pancho's Backyard. The restaurant is beautiful -- the dining area is outside under lush greenery -- and the food and service are wonderful. It's a great place to sit back and relax. Shopping in the adjacent Los Cinco Soles is less stressful than most places in Cozumel and offers a lot of variety.

I haven't been to Costa Maya yet. But I have been on Splendour of the Seas and enjoyed the ship. Be sure to visit the Solarium for a quiet swim. The gym is pretty good too, and the fitness instructors offered activities throughout the day. Enjoy!