• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carry On Size

Rate this topic

SAAdds1

I bought a "boarding tote" at Target today, but I'm wondering if it is too large to use as a carry-on. I am not talking about a carry-on for an airlines, but for the cruise. Are there restrictions at the pier?

The dimensions are as follows:

12 1/4 inches tall

15 1/4 inches wide

8 inches deep

What do you think?

Hi SAAdds!

I don't think you should have any problems at all. Mine measures 22" tall from the handle to the wheels, and I didn't have any problems bringing it on the plane or the ship. Have a great cruise!!

A lot of airlines use a 44" total measurement, that's length + height + width. They also have a 20 lb weight restriction, so you should be OK. If you know the airline, you can usually check on their website.

We flew Virgin Atlantic one time, and they had a 6 kilo, about 13 lbs, weight restriction on their carry on, and they enforced it.

I don't think you need to worry about it at all...I think our pilot bags on wheels are much bigger. Last cruise we had to punch them in so they would squeeze through the scanner. No problem.

It's such a pleasure being able to walk right on with your luggage (as long as they fit through the scanner)...no more having to wait all day/night until your luggage is delivered to your cabin. I always had the fear of them losing/misplacing my luggage - no more having to worry now! :cool: