• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Most enjoyable shore excursion?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

The only excursion we've done was the one in Grand Cayman where they take you to the Turtle Farm, a rum factory and Hell. It was OK but we were sandwiched in a van with far too many people , pushed too close together, on a very hot day. I did get some great photos of Jason and Lacey holding some of those huge turtles. :cool:

Ours was on our first cruise, the Sensation. We took a sailboat/snorkel excursion in St. Thomas to Buck Island. The snorkeling was great and on the way back the rum ran freely and the Jimmy Buffett CD blared loudly. We had a great time!

Snorkeling in the Yasawa Islands of Fiji a million years ago. I still think of a particular place somewhat close to Turtle Island. There were thatched huts, and a Fijiian man in the distance wearing a woven hat, leading his horse to the huts. I thought it was so nice for them to set the scene for the tourists, and then it hit me that this wasn't a setting, it was real! And the snorkeling was incredible. I thought that the coral was incredible in color, and then it started moving, and I realized that a lot of the coral was anemones, the most incredible that I have ever seen. The fish were to die for, too. If you ever have the opportunity, don't miss cruising into the Yasawa Islands!

Love, Elena :grin: